ULEZ

:oncoming_automobile: Owning a vehicle in France, buying and keeping, Insuring, Driving licence issues, etc.
hughnique

ULEZ

#1 Post by hughnique »

Not so much a driving in France but visiting my son early next year who now lives in the expanded ULEZ, I have tried to register on the TFL website, but it keeps telling me I have not submitted any files, put carte grise, 1.9 MB, I am told that as it has come up "pending" I will have to await their decision as to whether it is allowed without charge. Has anyone else had this hassle.

Hotrodder

ULEZ

#2 Post by Hotrodder »

There is an argument currently running on another forum about French number plates not being flagged up post Brexit. Maybe there is some official source in UK/London that could be contacted for factual info.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

tagh

ULEZ

#3 Post by tagh »

I had no real problem registering for the smaller ULEZ when it came into being, with a French registered car. Just a few details needed like make, model, fuel, length, weight, age, all on the log book.
It sounds as if the bureaucrats have taken over, as ever, and are complicating the process.

elsie

ULEZ

#4 Post by elsie »

hughnique, have you tried logging in to your account at https://epcplc.com/tfl_registration/login
It should take you to your account and show the status of your vehicle.

I've just looked through my old e-mails and cannot find and confirmation e-mail of my car ULEZ registration but that account shows my car as registered/accepted

I also notice if look at the car details it seems to allow changes but says reviews could take up to five working business days.

hughnique

ULEZ

#5 Post by hughnique »

As if by magic, emails received this morning to say that my car is registered and I can drive freely without worry.

Spectrum

ULEZ

#6 Post by Spectrum »

There is a big issue going on in "The Connection" magazine about this, French registered vehicles are receiving fines posted to their French address for ULEZ infringements, there is not supposed to be an agreement between the UK and EU for an exchange of this information, but it is happening, so be careful.

Char
Site Admin

ULEZ

#7 Post by Char »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:34 pm There is a big issue going on in "The Connection" magazine about this, French registered vehicles are receiving fines posted to their French address for ULEZ infringements, there is not supposed to be an agreement between the UK and EU for an exchange of this information, but it is happening, so be careful.
You might find this interesting - https://www.brusselstimes.com/belgium/7 ... road-fines

hughnique

ULEZ

#8 Post by hughnique »

Interesting link Char

beejay

ULEZ

#9 Post by beejay »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:34 pm There is a big issue going on in "The Connection" magazine about this, French registered vehicles are receiving fines posted to their French address for ULEZ infringements, there is not supposed to be an agreement between the UK and EU for an exchange of this information, but it is happening, so be careful.
Why are so many French registered vehicles getting ULEZ penalties, do the drivers not check on regulations that may affect their visit to the UK by car?

niemeyjt

ULEZ

#10 Post by niemeyjt »

Is it different from UK drivers not buying a crit'air?