No more Green Cards after April

:oncoming_automobile: Owning a vehicle in France, buying and keeping, Insuring, Driving licence issues, etc.
beejay

#11 Post by beejay »

The text refers to the insurance policy and windscreen vignette as the Green Card

" simplifying the administrative life of the French by removing the requirement of possession of the “green card” automobile in order to travel."

Ergo, removes the requirement to carry any insurance documents and the windscreen vignette will not be issued after April 2024.

Spectrum

#12 Post by Spectrum »

beejay wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:27 pm The text refers to the insurance policy and windscreen vignette as the Green Card

" simplifying the administrative life of the French by removing the requirement of possession of the “green card” automobile in order to travel."

Ergo, removes the requirement to carry any insurance documents and the windscreen vignette will not be issued after April 2024.
Well I have never heard of it being called a "Green Card" must have lived a sheltered life, I bow to superior humanoids. :lol:

ajm

#13 Post by ajm »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:40 am
beejay wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:27 pm The text refers to the insurance policy and windscreen vignette as the Green Card

Well I have never heard of it being called a "Green Card" must have lived a sheltered life, I bow to superior humanoids. :lol:
I bet plod would want to see actual documents when he stops someone
Last edited by ajm on Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spectrum

#14 Post by Spectrum »

ajm wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:18 am

I bet plod would want to see actual documents when he stops you
Little confused by that comment :? who was it intended for :?: if it was me then you are sadly mistaken unlike a lot of Brits I comply with all the laws of the country that I am in.

ajm

#15 Post by ajm »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:28 am
I bet plod would want to see actual documents when he stops you
Little confused by that comment :? who was it intended for :?: if it was me then you are sadly mistaken unlike a lot of Brits I comply with all the laws of the country that I am in.
Don't take it personally. Substitute "someone" for "you"
How do you know that a LOT of Brits don't abide by the rules. I certainly abide by the rules and the ones I know do as well.

Spectrum

#16 Post by Spectrum »

ajm wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:49 am
Spectrum wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:28 am
ajm wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:18 am I bet plod would want to see actual documents when he stops you
Don't take it personally. Substitute "someone" for "you"
How do you know that a LOT of Brits don't abide by the rules. I certainly abide by the rules and the ones I know do as well.
Bit obvious if you look around, lots of British number plates around on cars and vans that live in France some of them been here for years, some with no CT, trades taking cash, to avoid tax, there again not exclusive to the Brits, I would not report them but do take delight when they get caught, anyhow mustn't throw stones.

ajm

#17 Post by ajm »

I have only seen a few UK registration plates this year and that was during the summer with tourists. Must be the area you live in.

Polarengineer

#18 Post by Polarengineer »

[/quote]
[/quote]

That’s not very French of you.

It would be good to get rid of the CT tag and cert l’air vignette as well as these could just as well be on the same databank.

beejay

#19 Post by beejay »

I bet plod would want to see actual documents when he stops someone
Which plod? UK plod hasn't required document production for years and it now appears neither will French plod as checks will be by computer UK style.

elsie

#20 Post by elsie »

As 1 April is not long now, this topic has started to reappear in the press.

Regarding travel abroad, this page (in French) gives a good explanation https://particuliers.sg.fr/nos-conseils ... e-etranger and indicated you will be covered for Austria, Andorra, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bosnia Herzegovina, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Estonia, Finland, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Croatia, Italy, Ireland, Iceland, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Lithuania, Latvia, Malta, Montenegro, Norway, Netherlands, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Serbia.
I think Gibraltar, Monaco, Liechtenstein, Saint-Marino and the Vatican are also included?

You will still need to carry a Mémo Véhicule Assuré which your insurer will send or e-mail to you.

You may need separate insurance for Albania, Azerbaijan, Morocco, Moldova, Republic of North Macedonia, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, depending on your insurance company.