My wife's a criminal

:oncoming_automobile: Owning a vehicle in France, buying and keeping, Insuring, Driving licence issues, etc.
L Austin France

My wife's a criminal

#1 Post by L Austin France »

Today she received a summons due to a speeding offence on April 2nd. Apparently her car was caught in a radar trap doing 86km/hr in a 80 limit. The 5 km allowable excess was applied giving the excess as 1 km/hr.
For this 1 km excess no licence points will be deducted but a sliding scale fine dependant when paid starting at €45 is due if paid by monday next.
Actually it was yours truly who was driving & Mme LAF has magnanimously decided not to denounce me as her licence remains 'clean'. :lol:
Still, first time for either of us in over 20 years living here so not too shabby.

Polly

My wife's a criminal

#2 Post by Polly »

Your post reminded me of Chris Huhne ex-MP and his ex-wife, Vicky Pryce.

beejay

My wife's a criminal

#3 Post by beejay »

L Austin France wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:04 am Today she received a summons due to a speeding offence on April 2nd. Apparently her car was caught in a radar trap doing 86km/hr in a 80 limit. The 5 km allowable excess was applied giving the excess as 1 km/hr.
For this 1 km excess no licence points will be deducted but a sliding scale fine dependant when paid starting at €45 is due if paid by monday next.
Actually it was yours truly who was driving & Mme LAF has magnanimously decided not to denounce me as her licence remains 'clean'. :lol:
Still, first time for either of us in over 20 years living here so not too shabby.
If you are named as the driver you will not get any points so why the subterfuge?

L Austin France

My wife's a criminal

#4 Post by L Austin France »

beejay wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:45 pm
L Austin France wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:04 am Today she received a summons due to a speeding offence on April 2nd. Apparently her car was caught in a radar trap doing 86km/hr in a 80 limit. The 5 km allowable excess was applied giving the excess as 1 km/hr.
If you are named as the driver you will not get any points so why the subterfuge?
No subterfuge!
Just couldn't be arsed to fill in & post off another form which would generate yet more forms which would have no effect on the outcome.Also due to the late arrival of this form there was only another two days to cough up the smaller fine before incurring a larger fine so not worth the risk of M. Le Bureaucrate deciding to charge us more.
Is that a problem for you?

Hotrodder

My wife's a criminal

#5 Post by Hotrodder »

In areas where speed cameras proliferate it is a real pain. Having to constantly scan the speedo to stay below the limit competes with the need to actually watch where you're going. Of course those with deep pockets and cruise control linked to a gps, etc. won't have any problem. :roll:
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

L Austin France

My wife's a criminal

#6 Post by L Austin France »

Hotrodder wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:17 pm In areas where speed cameras proliferate it is a real pain. Having to constantly scan the speedo to stay below the limit competes with the need to actually watch where you're going. Of course those with deep pockets and cruise control linked to a gps, etc. won't have any problem. :roll:
Our dashcam shows real GPS speed which is always 5-6 km/hr less than speedo reads so whilst I'm always aware of my speed I must have taken my eye off the ball at some stage. :oops:

curtis

My wife's a criminal

#7 Post by curtis »

I use the cruise control all the time. I set it at the limit plus a few extra kms to allow for the speedo and the kind allowance of the gendarmes. That's for the the 80 and 90 and 110. In town at 50 and 30 I don't bother.

Polarengineer

My wife's a criminal

#8 Post by Polarengineer »

Why the objectionable attitude again LAF?

L Austin France

My wife's a criminal

#9 Post by L Austin France »

Polarengineer wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:07 am Why the objectionable attitude again LAF?
Pardon? Care to explain that.

Bayleaf

My wife's a criminal

#10 Post by Bayleaf »

L Austin France wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:13 pm
Is that a problem for you?
I guess PE is referring to your comment above. It comes across as somewhat confrontational.