My wife's a criminal

:oncoming_automobile: Owning a vehicle in France, buying and keeping, Insuring, Driving licence issues, etc.
L Austin France

My wife's a criminal

#11 Post by L Austin France »

Bayleaf wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:59 am
L Austin France wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:13 pm
Is that a problem for you?
I guess PE is referring to your comment above. It comes across as somewhat confrontational.
Why? Following my light hearted post I was unnecessarily accused of subterfuge, took the trouble to explain why we did what we did & asked if that was a problem for my accuser.
None of these posts are/were necessary for a paltry 1km/hr over the allowed limit, nobody suffered & the fine was paid.
If some folk wish to use my post to attempt to score puerile points shame on them & if they don't like my response then tough :lol:

Bayleaf

My wife's a criminal

#12 Post by Bayleaf »

Just to clarify, from your OP, you are the actual "criminal" here then, not your wife! ;) :) So your title isn't quite correct?!

ajm

My wife's a criminal

#13 Post by ajm »

We once had an Austin that was criminal, but it wasn't in France.

L Austin France

My wife's a criminal

#14 Post by L Austin France »

Bayleaf wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:45 am Just to clarify, from your OP, you are the actual "criminal" here then, not your wife! ;) :) So your title isn't quite correct?!
If you really want to be correct I rather think that she is the 'criminal' as the post was addressed to her, the car is in her name & the fine & paperwork was dealt with by her. Therefor it could be said that it was she who submitted false information by not contesting who was driving when this dastardly offence was committed. :D

Polarengineer

My wife's a criminal

#15 Post by Polarengineer »

You should hold off with the smilies LAF, they do not conceal the underlying tone. Remember the pen is mightier etc. and should be wielded with much care.

L Austin France

My wife's a criminal

#16 Post by L Austin France »

Polarengineer wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:21 pm You should hold off with the smilies LAF, they do not conceal the underlying tone. Remember the pen is mightier etc. and should be wielded with much care.
You really do seem to have a problem with me & my posts or is it simply a general problem with life?
Read what you like into my posts, I don't give a toss what you think, but in deference to your mental well being might it be better for you if you simply ignore anything I post rather than get involved in something that doesn't concern you?
NB No Smilies

Char
Site Admin

My wife's a criminal

#17 Post by Char »

I'm slowly losing the will to live

Pathca

My wife's a criminal

#18 Post by Pathca »

I would hate to see the reaction to a serious post

Blaze

My wife's a criminal

#19 Post by Blaze »

Char wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:58 pm I'm slowly losing the will to live
Pathca wrote:I would hate to see the reaction to a serious post
Me too ....

DominicBest

My wife's a criminal

#20 Post by DominicBest »

I went to check my mailbox on Friday and saw that there were two white envelopes in it. I picked them up and opened them as I walked back to the house. The first was the annual facture for a trailer that rarely leaves my barn and the other one was which had my address franked next to the address window was telling me that because of a speeding offence I now only had 10 points on my licence. I looked at the name of the place where the offence took place and it meant nothing to me. I then noticed the name of the intended recipient and it wasn't me. It was another man who lived I'm my commune at the same house number but in a different street. It just so happened he was British. I wondered if that was why the post office had put my address on the envelope.
I searched for his address on Google Maps and saw it was about 10km away. The commune has a small population but covers a huge area. Because it was in a place where I didn't know the road names I decided to use my GPS to drop-off the letter where it should have been delivered. I typed in the post code and the street name and it told me the address did not exist. I tried again with a different search giving the street name but not the post code. This time it found it and gave the full address. The address confused me because not only was it a different post code and town but it was in the neighbouring department. I showed it to my neighbour and she told me that in that hamlet there were some houses in our commune and some in the neighbouring one which was in the neighbouring department. We went to deliver the letter and at first couldn't find the house. We found the road and houses numbered 2 to 5 but 7 was nowhere to be found. I guessed if we carried on past 3 and 5 we would eventually find 7 and we did a couple of hundred metres away.
I now wonder if the post office doesn't have the man's address on their database. That might explain why they had altered the address and sent it to another British man in the commune who lived at number 7. I would hate to think what happens to his Amazon deliveries.
I have known the name of one of the roads in his hamlet for years, it Rue de La Bataille. The battle in question was, of course, between the British and the French.