Lucky Gendarmes

:oncoming_automobile: Owning a vehicle in France, buying and keeping, Insuring, Driving licence issues, etc.
Char
Site Admin

Lucky Gendarmes

#11 Post by Char »

Quiksilver wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:21 pm What a crime to cover them in red and yellow chevrons :(
'tis isn't it - but it doesn't detract from that beautiful sound the engine makes though. 8-)

Hotrodder

Lucky Gendarmes

#12 Post by Hotrodder »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:21 am On my V8 Mazda it had twin SUs, so did my 1430cc mini, re build and tuned the carbs using "Dave Vizards" book, used "Gunsen" balancing gauges, also visual mixture tester, biggest job was tuning the carbs on my friends Maserati Merak, six twin choke Webers.
Tell us more about the V8 Mazda.
I built one for a friend in '79. A Rover in a B1800 pickup.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Spectrum

Lucky Gendarmes

#13 Post by Spectrum »

Daimler Dart V8 into Mazda 929 estate, Name of "Resurrection" did a few shows, won best engine once £50 prize money that was in 78 so a fair bit of brass. Started a custom car club with some friends, had one famous member "Paul Haigh" he had more brass than the rest of us, he did a Model A won a few BIS.

Hotrodder

Lucky Gendarmes

#14 Post by Hotrodder »

Very interesting indeed. I was active with customs (mostly vans) at the time but I don't recall seeing "Resurrection". Very few of those mini hemi V8s made it into customs at the time so I can imagine it was quite remarkable at the time. The little pickup built for my friend was called "Redneck" and took almost exactly a year to complete. Almost every area was modified in some way and was the most difficult project I was ever involved with. I don't have any digitised photos of it but somewhere there is a set of pro colour slides done for a magazine.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.