Artic circle Norway

:oncoming_automobile: Owning a vehicle in France, buying and keeping, Insuring, Driving licence issues, etc.
basquesteve

Artic circle Norway

#1 Post by basquesteve »

Subject to house trained dogs and the plague we intended a 3 week holiday in our campervan <3.500 kg to voyage up to the top of Norway August September The last time I was there was 45 years ago. I have worked out that you need to register your vehicle before entry and I will be opting for a Tag on line to pay road charges. It is my intension to stop off in Denmark for a few days and then drive over to Sweden and go north it seems to be cheaper, then dropping down the west coast of Norway. Has anyone tried this all help welcomed

Spectrum

Artic circle Norway

#2 Post by Spectrum »

If you had searched, you would have found my thread and replies on this subject, perhaps Char can forward it. as for us we are using hotels, but we have had two saying that hot food may not be available, so we will have to see nearer the time.

Char
Site Admin

Artic circle Norway

#3 Post by Char »

Here you go - viewtopic.php?t=185

Polarengineer

Artic circle Norway

#4 Post by Polarengineer »

My 2 years living in Hammerfest taught me that the Norse police have zero tolerance to drunk and speeding drivers (not even one drink). Don't be tempted to put your foot down on an empty road or tunnel, so many have lost their cars and been jailed for that and there is always a trap. The road through Finland to Norway has an amazing aero runway on it about 400m wide and 2 km long. A famous speed trap. North cape is very expensive since they built the tunnel. There are heavy charges for the tunnel and for parking at the cape. The North cape is an island at 71.1649 N, if you want to visit the most northerly mainland part of Norway at 71.0833N go to Slettness fyr a lighthouse north of Gamvic, Two peninsulars east of Northcape. Great walks in the summer and they appreciate tourists very much. I have travelled the North quite a lot, so if you have any other questions, please ask.

basquesteve

Artic circle Norway

#5 Post by basquesteve »

If you had searched, you would have found my thread and replies on this subject ...............Thanks... I participated in that thread
Has any one taken dogs as its necessary to have a Fox dwarf tapeworm anti-echinococcus treatment administered by a veterinary surgeon 24-120 hours before the arrival in Norway I assume this will have to be in Denmark close to the bridge

DominicBest

Artic circle Norway

#6 Post by DominicBest »

I know this isn’t in a camper van but it gives you a great idea of what to expect and places to go.

This one had better weather.

Then there’s Noraly

Char
Site Admin

Artic circle Norway

#7 Post by Char »

Thanks DominicBest, very interesting. 8-)

basquesteve

Artic circle Norway

#8 Post by basquesteve »

Thank you for your input but its too difficult with dogs and I have given up Today I received my Italy / Greece ferry tickets no dog problems and all in Euros :D

Char
Site Admin

Artic circle Norway

#9 Post by Char »

basquesteve wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:51 pm Thank you for your input but its too difficult with dogs and I have given up Today I received my Italy / Greece ferry tickets no dog problems and all in Euros :D
tis warmer there anyway, have a great time, when are you going?

basquesteve

Artic circle Norway

#10 Post by basquesteve »

Its the end of August a 10 day look around Greece 1975 the last time I was there , it will cost a fortune if the price of fuel keeps going up but what the hell there are no accommodation costs and the camper is sitting out side doing nothing but incurring insurance costs :lol: