May I recommend.

🛒 Tips and information about French shops, online buying, bargains, product reviews, price comparisons
L Austin France

May I recommend.

#1 Post by L Austin France »

I thought it might be an idea to have a thread to mention businesses etc which have proved excellent in providing products/services which might help others searching for this sort of thing.

I get most of my spares for gardening machines from EMC Motoculture ( www.emc-motoculture.com)
Service & advice is second to none with a steering cable I ordered for my stock on May 4th delivered May 7th.
Advice & quote by email usually within a couple of hours with only a 'click' on the reference provided necessary to order the correct part.

Blaze

May I recommend.

#2 Post by Blaze »

Thanks for that @L Austin France, a useful site !

Sparkle

May I recommend.

#3 Post by Sparkle »

+1 thank you.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Hotrodder

May I recommend.

#4 Post by Hotrodder »

A regular thread on this subject would be very useful for some of us. Both for good customer service and keen prices, etc.

I do a lot of garden machinery repairs and always keep a list of sources bookmarked on the PC. Most of my stuff has been with Briggs and Stratton engines and there are websites that show how to identify specific models and provide exploded diagrams with B&S factory part numbers. Doing a Google search with that part number invariably brings US sources but you can filter your results down to UK and France, etc. Since Brexit I have used only French sources and two are clear winners for me.
https://www.green-motoculture.com and https://www.motoculture-distri-piece.fr
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

niemeyjt

May I recommend.

#5 Post by niemeyjt »

To add to the list:

For Kubota manuals - http://kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/

Loads of tractor manuals - http://vieilles.soupapes.free.fr/index.php

Bayleaf

May I recommend.

#6 Post by Bayleaf »

For car parts, we've been given this site as a recommendation:
https://www.auto-doc.fr/

Put in your car reg, as long as it's French-registered, and it should guide you to find the right parts for your car.

We've also used mister-auto successfully, again working on the same principle as auto-doc.

For mower repairs, we've tended to use our local Kubota supplier/workshop (as long as the price is competitive with online prices), as it's easier for chatting about any problems.

niemeyjt

May I recommend.

#7 Post by niemeyjt »

Bayleaf wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:40 amFor mower repairs, we've tended to use our local Kubota supplier/workshop (as long as the price is competitive with online prices), as it's easier for chatting about any problems.
I agree about buying locally to engender goodwill and keep them going.

However certainly in the UK, my local Kubota dealer was less enthusiastic about 30-year-old machines than he was about new ones (and I had the same issue previously with then Ford New Holland and Land Rover) so going in with a list of parts was often the quickest way.

L Austin France

May I recommend.

#8 Post by L Austin France »

Bayleaf wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:40 am

For mower repairs, we've tended to use our local Kubota supplier/workshop (as long as the price is competitive with online prices), as it's easier for chatting about any problems.
I bought my Stiga new from our local Espace Emeraude (now Bricopro) but they're not main agents for it so service/parts dept don't keep a lot of spares.
They have a 'system' whereby all parts ordered in are not ordered until a Friday so often I can order from a company like EMC & receive the part before E E have even ordered it themselves.
Much as I like to support local businesses experience has shown me that I buy cheaper on line & as I've not had need of their workshop facilities I'll continue doing that.

Hotrodder

May I recommend.

#9 Post by Hotrodder »

In terms of local services & suppliers, it is as much of a lottery as anything else. Everything is a franchise and the results can be wonderful in one shop and tragic in another. I find E. Espace very expensive but they do a good quick job of chainsaw sharpening for a fair price. I took a rideon mower to them once that would start and run but cut out after applying load and cutting for a few metres. The bod tried it and it ran fine for ages. He claimed the bouncy ride getting there in my trailer had fixed it. OK. I took it home to find the same fault. In the end I replaced a fuel solenoid and fixed it myself. Had they discovered the problem I would have most likely had to pay twice the price for the same part, with TVA on top.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Sparkle

May I recommend.

#10 Post by Sparkle »

OH always had parts delivered from Rimmer Bros (Triumph, MG, Rover, Land Rover, Range Rover, Jag) who delivered to France - we couldn't fault the service. We have an excellent local repair garage who said it would be cheaper for OH to get the parts than himself and he had a keen interest in the ''kit de distribution' diagrams so OH gave him a copy of the details translated into French.

https://rimmerbros.com
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride