Amazon deliveries

đź›’ Tips and information about French shops, online buying, bargains, product reviews, price comparisons
niemeyjt

Amazon deliveries

#11 Post by niemeyjt »

I do not know what happens on "Plague Island" - however in the UK there are advantages to landlords to offer free leases to charity shops as it allows them to avoid paying business rates.

L Austin France

Amazon deliveries

#12 Post by L Austin France »

niemeyjt wrote: ↑Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:37 pm I do not know what happens on "Plague Island" - however in the UK there are advantages to landlords to offer free leases to charity shops as it allows them to avoid paying business rates.
A few years ago a UK commercial property we own was vacant for a while when the long term tenant outgrew the building & moved to a larger building closer to the m'way. The local authority didn't waste any time chasing us to tell us we would be liable for the business rates on the empty office building once it was vacant for a few months
Fortunately we didn't have to pay 'em as another long term good tenant took over the building which was good as they weren't cheap.

Loup-garou

Amazon deliveries

#13 Post by Loup-garou »

My fridge freezer went fut yesterday (possibly a day or so before) light on but no longer cold/frozen. we are off to the other house towards the end of the week and my immediate reaction was hitch the trailer to the van and go and see what's available immediately at the electroménagers. However, filling up my coffee levels before we set off I had a quick look online. I spotted just the job on Amazon 10 cms wider than our existing unit which would fill our space better.

The replacement was available for delivery on Wednesday 27th and I could select a morning, afternoon or evening delivery at no extra charge. Additionally, the carriers will unpack the unit, put it in place and take the old one away for recycling - all at no extra charge. I did the sensible thing, pressed "commande maintenant" and made another cup of coffee.

Lori

Amazon deliveries

#14 Post by Lori »

Great isn't it ! I hope it gets delivered and set-up as promised and you are happy with it.

The nicest thing is if it goes bad, they will take it back. We recently bought a juicer machine (fairly pricey one) to make grape juice from our FAR too many grapes. On second use, a piece of the unit broke off. Went online processed the return, packed it up and sent it back. Immediately reimbursed.

Blaze

Amazon deliveries

#15 Post by Blaze »

We've had better service from Amazon than we have had in the past from some shops. And the speed of delivery from Amazon is brilliant - nearly always earlier than the predicted date.

niemeyjt

Amazon deliveries

#16 Post by niemeyjt »

Yes - I agree and find that as well - and their Marketplace does seem to protect buyers from dodgy sellers.

Sadly, still, shops and councils don't seem to have cottoned on and we see an on-going decline in the high street - both in France and in UK.

L Austin France

Amazon deliveries

#17 Post by L Austin France »

Amazon is now the first place I look for most purchases.
I realise that other online merchants might be a little cheaper but with Amazons guarantees & Prime for 'free', sometimes next day deliveries, I can't see the point in shopping around on line & locally.
Seems like lots of well known brands are realising the power of Amazon (maybe given up trying to compete) & are using them to sell their products.
Never been let down so far. :D

Blaze

Amazon deliveries

#18 Post by Blaze »

niemeyjt wrote: ↑Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:00 pm Sadly, still, shops and councils don't seem to have cottoned on and we see an on-going decline in the high street - both in France and in UK.
I think one of the reasons for the increase in on-line shopping is choice and availability/door to door delivery.
The individual shops in many UK town centres seem to have been replaced by chain stores and charity shops and it's not so different in many parts of France.

The convenience of on-line shopping suits many of us, particularly if it saves on fuel on what could end up as a fruitless journey.

niemeyjt

Amazon deliveries

#19 Post by niemeyjt »

The UK also suffers from officious councils who want to sting motorists for as much money as possible for parking to visit said shops.

There are no parking fees and fines with Amazon.

Polarengineer

Amazon deliveries

#20 Post by Polarengineer »

Just to remind you folks (as I'm sure you all know) a fridge should not be started until a day after delivery. This allows the compressor oil to drain back into the compressor. One cannot rely on the transporters to carry it upright.