Amazon deliveries

🛒 Tips and information about French shops, online buying, bargains, product reviews, price comparisons
Lori

Amazon deliveries

#41 Post by Lori »

Hope you both enjoy your new air fryer. It took us a little while to learn how to best use it (for our needs). Once we got the hang of it, we were totally sold.

Nomoss

Amazon deliveries

#42 Post by Nomoss »

Lori wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:03 pm Hope you both enjoy your new air fryer. It took us a little while to learn how to best use it (for our needs). Once we got the hang of it, we were totally sold.
Thank you Lori. I checked the reviews on several Ninja recipe books on Amazon France, and chose this one.
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B0CFCZ5N13?psc ... ct_details

The reviews are far better than any of the others I looked at.

MAD87

Amazon deliveries

#43 Post by MAD87 »

Nomoss wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:58 pm
I found the possibility to open a drawer to check on progress and add more time as necessary to be very useful, as the times suggested don't correspond with actual amounts of food being cooked.
We still have two more days to test it before we notify it is OK and release the payment.
That's interesting to know.
I'd also forgotten that the French sell off presents (especially after Christmas) on LBC, so I must check that site more often.

Lori

Amazon deliveries

#44 Post by Lori »

Nomoss wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:45 pm
Lori wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:03 pm Hope you both enjoy your new air fryer. It took us a little while to learn how to best use it (for our needs). Once we got the hang of it, we were totally sold.
Thank you Lori. I checked the reviews on several Ninja recipe books on Amazon France, and chose this one.
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B0CFCZ5N13?psc ... ct_details

The reviews are far better than any of the others I looked at.
Looks good Nomoss. We found that buying some of the smaller silicon muffin cups and smaller bakeware that fit into the air fryer compartents easier was really helpful. They sell kits of them on Amazon specifically for the various brand name/style air fryers, but we found that we could source the same type of items much cheaper elsewhere.

Chappers51

Amazon deliveries

#45 Post by Chappers51 »

There are fb sites for several different ninja models. I joined one for the model I have and have found it more helpful than some of the recipe books. It’s not the actual recipes I need, but information regarding which setting, at what temperature and for how long.

L Austin France

Amazon deliveries

#46 Post by L Austin France »

Knock 'em all you can but Mon evening our lounge Samsung tele's remote refused to work but the tele worked with the kitchen's Samsung tele remote proving a duff remote.
I considered taking it apart but before doing so had squiz at Amazon's offerings using the reference no. on the remote.
1600 hrs today (wed) a new'un was delivered via Prime for a bit less that 10 euros.
What's not to like :D

Hotrodder

Amazon deliveries

#47 Post by Hotrodder »

I ordered an air filter for the car on amazon.fr. It arrived today. Seller I now find out, was in Yorkshire. Postage was less than €4 and there was no duty payable. I couldn't have had a single toenail clipping sent from France to France for that price.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

niemeyjt

Amazon deliveries

#48 Post by niemeyjt »

Amazon calculates the duty at purchase time - but that carriage is good.

However, did Amazon scam you out of the UK VAT?

Compare the base price you paid with the VAT-inclusive price if sold to the UK. Then see what extra charges they levied.

I have found, sending to here rather than France admittedly, that the base price is the same and then VAT and duties are levied on the base price. Amazon gets to keep the UK VAT.