Chronopost and privacy

🛒 Tips and information about French shops, online buying, bargains, product reviews, price comparisons
Veem

Chronopost and privacy

#1 Post by Veem »

Biggles ordered a part for our tractor mower. It was out for delivery with Chronopost last Friday, but they claimed our address was incomplete (it wasn't) and failed to deliver. This was followed by an e-mail to rearrange delivery and I inadvertently ticked the option to deliver to a neighbour's house (not a specified neighbour). I tried to change that but there was no option.

The problem is we don't have what most people would think of as an obvious neighbour. There are people who live within a km of us - some of whom we don't know. Chronopost 's policy is not to disclose any details about which neighbour might receive your parcel on privacy grounds. I have forewarned the people who actually live closest to us, but they might not be who Chronopost judge to be our neighbours.

Any suggestions?

Blaze

Chronopost and privacy

#2 Post by Blaze »

Have you contacted the people you ordered the part from ? They should have some arrangement/contact with Chronopost so perhaps you could take it up with them.

Veem

Chronopost and privacy

#3 Post by Veem »

Blaze wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:25 am Have you contacted the people you ordered the part from ? They should have some arrangement/contact with Chronopost so perhaps you could take it up with them.
That's a possibility. Perhaps we'll wait the day out and see if anything happens. Fancy though, delivering to a neighbour and not being able to tell you which one! Madness.

rabbit

Chronopost and privacy

#4 Post by rabbit »

Good old Amazon inform which neighbour
Name and address

Veem

Chronopost and privacy

#5 Post by Veem »

Another email arrived this morning to say the parcel would be delivered between 10.55 and 11.55 and at 11.02 another email arrived stating that they had been unable to deliver again.

Finally I spoke to someone and explained that there are 2 versions of our address since numerotation was introduced to the commune about 3 years ago. The old version and the new version work, though we tend to use a combination of them both!

New delivery anticipated tomorrow ............

Blaze

Chronopost and privacy

#6 Post by Blaze »

Good luck Veem !

Veem

Chronopost and privacy

#7 Post by Veem »

It arrived! The slip of a girl who was our delivery driver commented on our address not being found. when I replied 'Deux fois' she looked rather pleased with herself and said if she had been delivering on the previous two times, she would have found us. And she apologised on behalf of Chronopost.

Hopefully we'll have a working tractor mower very soon.

Bayleaf

Chronopost and privacy

#8 Post by Bayleaf »

We're still waiting for the (second attempt) ramps to arrive. Received a reimbursement from the first company - someone from DHL must have a nice new set of ramps now. Second lot, different company, different courrier. This time DPD. Again, delivery delayed and was supposed to be this morning. On the tracking history it said they tried at 7.10 this morning, but insufficient address meant they couldn't find us, apparently. Rang them, as their history says they needed more information from us. They've apparently given the ramps to Chronopost who will attempt to deliver tomorrow.....maybe! :roll:

Funny thing is, smaller Amazon items reach us no problem by normal post. If you put in the address that we've supplied into GPS, it brings you to our door.

Beginning to think ramps online are a challenge for delivery companies! :crazy:

Veem

Chronopost and privacy

#9 Post by Veem »

Good luck with that then! :D

I'm used to having to talk drivers in to our place. I'm also accustomed to the expletives they utter when they don't follow my precise instructions and macho-like decide to ignore everything I say and inevitably go wrong. Admittedly we aren't shown on many GPS systems, which makes it all the more incredible that they don't want to listen. Generally, when they finally arrive they are perfectly pleasant, unlike the persona they had adopted a few minutes earlier!

Antonia

Chronopost and privacy

#10 Post by Antonia »

I'm currently watching UPS getting their knickers in a twist over a box of matches. I have regular orders with Amazon and spotted this month that, if I added one more item, I'd receive an extra 5% discount. As there's always next winter, I decided to set up an order for a box of mid length matches every six months. Amazon emailed to say the order was on the way via la poste. Everything except the matches. Another couple of days then a message to say the matches were on their way via UPS and would take a week. Tracking information showed they were coming from Poland :o They traveled across Europe and reached the local distribution centre ( 65 kms away ) ten days ago. The tracking info was then updated to say they would be delivered on the 18th. Good luck with that I thought. That's market day and nothing gets through the town. Sure enough they were not delivered but returned to the depot for another try on the Wednesday. The tracking said they would be delivered but gave only a two hour window. Strange I thought considering the distance, but there you go. Anyway Wednesday morning came and went & no matches. Another glance at the tracking and now, apparently, the address was incomplete. If I didn't telephone using their premium rate number to "complete" the address the parcel would be sent back to the sender. I assume that means Poland :lol:
I've had this problem with UPS before. There is a town with the same name as my little village a few kilometres down the road from the depot and often the driver will drive round trying to find a non existent street before giving up. Usually it will take up to the deadline for a return before someone with half a brain actually looks at the address label and realises they're not even in the right department. Frankly this time I'm not bothered either way. The discount I got for the rest of the order was more that the cost of the matches and, if they don't deliver, Amazon will give me a refund. Still I hate to think of the carbon footprint.