Fantastic service from French firm

🛒 Tips and information about French shops, online buying, bargains, product reviews, price comparisons
Veem

#1 Post by Veem »

I placed my second order with a company in Brittany that sells the Soya Flakes I wanted for my old horse to boost his protein levels. The company delivers throughout France for free if the total order comes to more than 450€. I can't order that much (it does go mouldy in time), so accept that I have to pay quite a steep frais de port. 1 sack lasts me 12 days so 10 sacks is about as many as I dare order. 12 x 10 = 120days = 4 months. Product life = 4 months. Perfect.

Except, when the sacks arrived 2 of the sacks were slightly torn and 2 months of their life had already passed. Ominous marks on the brown paper 25kg sacks showed clear signs of damp mould when stored. I sent more photos and they agreed immediately to give me credit for a new bag. But when I opened up that first bag the soya had definitely begun to go mouldy and I didn't dare use it. They all had the same mould marks on the sacks and the same dates and batch numbers. More photos were sent and back came an immediate offer to collect the entire order.

All 10 bags were collected this morning and I've been assured that once they arrive in Brittany, reimbursement of my entire bill will be made. That has to be the best service I've ever had in France (or perhaps anywhere else) and I thanked them sincerely.

Don't worry, the horse is not starving - I found a different type of feed locally to replace the flakes and he didn't notice the change.

Blaze

#2 Post by Blaze »

Well done, Veem, and good to hear that the sacks could be returned. Call me a sceptic, but I wonder if they knew the sacks were not in good condition and hoped that a Brit wouldn't notice, or complain ! It does happen if they see your name isn't French or they know you're foreign. Anyway, fingers crossed for the reimbursement !

Hotrodder

#3 Post by Hotrodder »

I'm always delighted to hear reports of good experiences with French retailers and after sales service.
Like a ray of sunshine.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.