Website scams?

🛒 Tips and information about French shops, online buying, bargains, product reviews, price comparisons
hughnique

Website scams?

#11 Post by hughnique »

It's a secret :shh: :shh:

Mangetout

Website scams?

#12 Post by Mangetout »

My sister and her husband bought a Husquavana online for the same reason. Good make, half the price. It never worked properly, they spent shed loads at the local repairers and it still never worked properly. Broke down constantly. There's a moral to the story somewhere. Buy local.

L Austin France

Website scams?

#13 Post by L Austin France »

hughnique wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:42 pm It's a secret :shh: :shh:
Must be 'cos it's gone very quiet.
Maybe the penny has dropped :lol:

Char
Site Admin

Website scams?

#14 Post by Char »

To be fair, they did originally post to warn people to check out companies/websites before buying from them which is always a good thing to be reminded of.

Spectrum

Website scams?

#15 Post by Spectrum »

Thanks Char it was going to be a Husqvarna R214T comfort edition, went to local dealer Sat morning 35Mls away stayed about 15 mins sat on a few different models and makes Honda, Club Cadet asked for a sales person and we was completely ignored for another 10 mins, so left and very p***** off. When back home found another fraudulent website, so change of plan decided to buy two mowers, an MTD 107mm twin cylinder tractor type and for around the trees a twin battery self propelled walk behind type, only have a doz or so trees to cut round so a bit of exercise for me, total cost 4200€ also from a firm I have used before Agrieuro.fr.

L Austin France

Website scams?

#16 Post by L Austin France »

Char wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:35 pm To be fair, they did originally post to warn people to check out companies/websites before buying from them which is always a good thing to be reminded of.
Yeah I did read that.
It's the " I can get it at 4000€ online, if to buy elsewhere, it could have cost my up to 8000€ the maths are simple to work out" bit that prompted my further replies until later posts showed it was a more reasonable reduction than the 50% reduction of the OP.

Spectrum

Website scams?

#17 Post by Spectrum »

The prices from the scam site varied from 2300€ to 2900€ the rest of them again tops was 8000€ about 3000€ over RRP, but most was about 4600€ upwards, but strangely enough when I made more detailed inquires that model was never in stock, just the more expensive ones, as said I put this up as a warning about these scams and to give help to those less fortunate, with websites they can go to for advice, dont think I will bother next time.

L Austin France

Website scams?

#18 Post by L Austin France »

Spectrum wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:32 pm dont think I will bother next time.
I think we were both 'on the same page' in trying to help folk & it was just your €8,000-€4,000 reduction that took things off course.
I know from experience it's frustrating when a sincerely meant post is derailed but my replies were certainly not intended to do that although I stand by my comments re. buying this sort of thing at distance online without due diligence.
Please don't let this inhibit you from offering further advice as there's always someone teetering on the brink of falling for these sort of scams & it does no harm in reminding them of the pitfalls. :)

Lori

Website scams?

#19 Post by Lori »

I think it is most helpful that you shared your experience Spectrum. I, for one, did not know about these scam sites for heavy garden equipment. So, I'm grateful for the heads up.

exile

Website scams?

#20 Post by exile »

+1