After sales service?

🛒 Tips and information about French shops, online buying, bargains, product reviews, price comparisons
L Austin France

After sales service?

#1 Post by L Austin France »

I've never had the necessity to complain about French after sales service until very recently but really!!
A several thousand euro axial broyeur I purchased from Agri Bannalec a couple of years ago requires a gear box oil check/top up after every 10 hours use.This entails demounting the prise de force & the safety guard around it to access the oil level & drain plugs which takes about half an hour. The manual says to top up level if required & change the 0.8 litres of oil every 500 hrs usage.
Last week thinking I might need some oil I popped down to the depot to buy some SAE 140 EP only to be told by the guy running that dept. after a reluctant search & pointing to a 5l bidon that, "there it is". I explained I probably only need a spoonfull to top up the level & 0.8l once in my lifetime to change the oil. "One litre bottles are available on line" says I. A shrug was all the response I got so off to the service dept. I went to explain my dilemma & ask for a little bit of oil from their bidon to top up my machine.
"We don't have the oil" says the counter guy, "why?" says I, "what do you do if I bring the machine I bought here in for a service, do you charge me for the 5l you get from your oil sales dept?" " No we charge you for a vidange" says he. " Yeah but how much oil is that for?" says I whilst laughing... Well the rest of the conversation was equally as bizzare so I told him I'd go & talk to Mickael their sales guy who sold me the machine. "He's on holiday" came the reply so thoroughly p'd off I left saying I'd speak to Mickael when he returns & after that demand to see a director if I had no satisfaction.
On virra!

A Parkside 2 stroke strimmer I bought from Lidl last year has a 2 year guarantee & worked fine until last week when it 'coughed' & died.
It started again, ticked over very fast, but bogged when throttled up. An investgation revealed a pinhole in the primer pump bulb which was obviously allowing air to be sucked in allowing the m/c to run weak.
An email to the customer service address in the manual explaining the problem & stating I can easily fit the probably €5 part involved me jumping 'through hoops' with their every reply asking for further information.
I got to the end of this saga when I was told that my information would now be passed to their service dept. who will contact me direct. So far I've heard nothing.
On virra!

Hotrodder

After sales service?

#2 Post by Hotrodder »

Keep us posted. There's nothing much on TV at the moment.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

L Austin France

After sales service?

#3 Post by L Austin France »

Hotrodder wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:54 pm Keep us posted. There's nothing much on TV at the moment.
Crickets' 'The hundred' is on BBC 2 at the mo.
What more could a red blooded Englishman want?
Oh! I forgot, you're a yank. Sorry no baseball here :lol:

Yonner

After sales service?

#4 Post by Yonner »

Can u post a comment of your dissatisfaction on the facebook page for the garage, manufacturer or parkside?
Often gets a positive response in the UK.

hughnique

After sales service?

#5 Post by hughnique »

I bought a handful of those primer bulbs on line cheap as chips.

L Austin France

After sales service?

#6 Post by L Austin France »

hughnique wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:27 pm I bought a handful of those primer bulbs on line cheap as chips.
Yeah I've seen them on line.
I just thought it would be simple to ask Lidl for the part to ensure I got the right size.
More fool me but it's now a matter of principle. :lol:
In the meantime I'll take the duff'un out & measure it so I can buy one online if push comes to shove.

hughnique

After sales service?

#7 Post by hughnique »

I remember that situation with a B & Q chainsaw, that had a primer bulb problem, took it in to 2 repair merchants here and it sat on the floor, both times, they couldn't get the parts. Big rating plate on the bottom, " Made in France for B & Q, by Ryobi", when I did finally get a supplier the bulb was available complete with carb only. Throwaway society.

Hotrodder

After sales service?

#8 Post by Hotrodder »

L Austin France wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:49 pm
hughnique wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:27 pm I bought a handful of those primer bulbs on line cheap as chips.
I just thought it would be simple to ask Lidl for the part to ensure I got the right size.
In the meantime I'll take the duff'un out & measure it so I can buy one online if push comes to shove.
As you know, there are thousands advertised online, and many so cheap they are sold in batches of 5 or 10 but it is usually a gamble because actual sizes are not mentioned in the ads and if they show info about devices they fit the lists are not comprehensive.

I once tried a quick fix while waiting for one to arrive. I used a soldering iron to melt the area around the split to seal it. It didn't last long.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

L Austin France

After sales service?

#9 Post by L Austin France »

Hotrodder wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:02 am
L Austin France wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:49 pm
As you know, there are thousands advertised online, and many so cheap they are sold in batches of 5 or 10 but it is usually a gamble because actual sizes are not mentioned in the ads and if they show info about devices they fit the lists are not comprehensive.

I once tried a quick fix while waiting for one to arrive. I used a soldering iron to melt the area around the split to seal it. It didn't last long.
I haven't yet measured mine but as it appears they are all either 19 or 22mm across the base flange I've ordered a pack containing 8 of each size for delivery Thursday.
At €8,59 it's not gonna break the bank if they don't fit & in the meantime I'll continue chasing Lidl after sales.

L Austin France

After sales service?

#10 Post by L Austin France »

I gave up waiting for Lidl service dept to contact me & fitted a 19mm primer bulb bought in a pack the other day.
The machine started OK but still bogged when throttled up so I stripped down the carburettor where I found what seemed like minute bits of the old bulb plus unknown gunk.
Took me three attempts before I finally cleared all of the 'junk' but this morning the machine started first pull & ran like a good'un at full throttle.
RESULT!
Stuff Lidl & their crappy after sales service :lol: