It's the time of the season...

🛒 Tips and information about French shops, online buying, bargains, product reviews, price comparisons
Bayleaf

#11 Post by Bayleaf »

niemeyjt wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:24 am Isn't there already a suggestion to use bright day-glo colours to supposedly alert hunters to human presence?
I wear a bright, shiny, red/pink body protector for riding. Fellow riders usually wear a hi-viz. Hopefully that would never be a colour associated with a target .... That doesn't protect you from a stray bullet though.

I'd read somewhere that Fridays were strictly a non-hunting day, for the sake of others who want to safely enjoy the countryside. Trouble is, much like the Fishing Association rules, I'm not sure the members read them - let alone adhere to them!

Considering the reputation of too many hunters these days, they're pretty ineffective around here and just a nuisance! :roll:

Wilbro

#12 Post by Wilbro »

This Friday evening the dogs were out baying and we heard shots. 6 months of this crap.

Lori

#13 Post by Lori »

Yes, I always dread it. It changes the way we live and that is rather sad.

Blaze

#14 Post by Blaze »

Loads of pops and bangs this morning though other than hares and the odd bambi, I can't imagine what they find to shoot at. The farmers have ripped up loads of hedges and trees, so no shelter for wildlife. There are ragondins about but I doubt they'd be shot at ... who knows, anything that moves ...

Bayleaf

#15 Post by Bayleaf »

Blaze wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:57 am The farmers have ripped up loads of hedges and trees, so no shelter for wildlife. There are ragondins about but I doubt they'd be shot at ... who knows, anything that moves ...
We're doing our bit by unwittingly allowing more of our land to "rewild", as we're between river and woodland, so happy to create a hiding place. We have deer, pheasant, and ragondin that we're happy to share our land with. It's already pretty rough, so even with the occasional sanglier, they can't make it much worse! :lol: