Amazon Prime

🛒 Tips and information about French shops, online buying, bargains, product reviews, price comparisons
Quiksilver

Amazon Prime

#1 Post by Quiksilver »

I'm allowed to avail myself of OHs Prime account, but when I make a payment under his name (via the card set up on his account) the transaction is rejected. I suspect that Amazon can somehow detect that it's not his PC authorising the payment, which is a bit daft, because it could well be his laptop!
It's happened several times now. I wonder whether anyone knows if I could 'Add a card' (my card) on his account? The honorary and initials would be mine, but surname and billing address are the same as his. Has anyone here done this successfully? If not, and you're interested, I'll have a go next week and let you know if it works :D

tagh

Amazon Prime

#2 Post by tagh »

It could also be your card. I have been having trouble with Amazon on this.

Blaze

Amazon Prime

#3 Post by Blaze »

Ah, yes, the card and Amazon. Mine used to work but they've tightened up on security recently (no complaints here).
OH's card is fine, but he's set up his bank account to allow it, with various security checks.

I went onto my bank (CA) on line and asked for the option of using my card on line.
A week later I received a letter with an activation code which I had to do on my online account, which confirms that the phone number (mobile) you've given them is correct.
In theory I should be able to order from Amazon and others with no problem.

Remember to have your phone switched on when making a transaction as you will have to type in the security number they sent to your phone by sms.

Quiksilver

Amazon Prime

#4 Post by Quiksilver »

Thanks both :) It's not really an issue with either my or his card. He manages (too) successfully to order on his PC, and I assume that he receives any necessary additional verification textos/mails etc. It could just possibly be the case that he receives a verification request for my orders and ignores it :roll: . I see where you're coming from, though, Blaze....any card linked to his account will prompt a verification request on his designated phone/mail etc. So it wouldn't really change anything :? Damn! Nemind.... :D