25 year guarantee that came up trumps

🛒 Tips and information about French shops, online buying, bargains, product reviews, price comparisons
Headers

#1 Post by Headers »

I try to keep all my receipts especially for things that come with a ‘lifetime’ or long guarantee.
I was washing up a frying pan the other evening and noticed a bit of bubbling in one tiny zone on the pan. After consulting the head chef we agree it should be binned.
In the middle of the night(!) I considered it possible that there was some sort of guarantee on the pan. I found it’s cardboard wrapper which described a 25 year guarantee, but no bill. I searched my Amazon accounts - no luck. I contacted the maker Prestige and asked them if it was still ok to use the pan.

They wrote back and asked me for photos of the pan I suspect to prove it hadn’t been maltreated. Then they asked me to choose a new pan because this one is discontinued. Today they are sending me a new pan.
Result!

Bayleaf

#2 Post by Bayleaf »

:clap: Nice one!

Polarengineer

#3 Post by Polarengineer »

careful, you’ll start a pandemic.

Lori

#4 Post by Lori »

Amazing !! Good for you !

MAD87

#5 Post by MAD87 »

Careful Consumers Unite! Well done!
I have a lifetime guarantee on a kitchen devil knife that I've had for 50+ years, use daily and it shows no signs of wearing out (shouldn't say that). I wonder how many kitchen utensils made today will last as long.

RobertArthur

#6 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Headers, and this happened in 2024, not in 1924 or 1824? Congratulations.

Car maintenance: I used to buy spanners and wring wrenches made by Hazet, Gedore or Stahlwille. In France they prefer garage tools made by FACOM. Also with the promise of a lifetime guarantee. La garantie FACOM. From one of their retired CEOs I understood that people were afraid to bring back broken tools, afraid of being accused of mistreating these precious tools....This company is still in the black.

Hotrodder

#7 Post by Hotrodder »

Headers wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:59 am I try to keep all my receipts especially for things that come with a ‘lifetime’ or long guarantee.
I was washing up a frying pan the other evening and noticed a bit of bubbling in one tiny zone on the pan. After consulting the head chef we agree it should be binned.
In the middle of the night(!) I considered it possible that there was some sort of guarantee on the pan. I found it’s cardboard wrapper which described a 25 year guarantee, but no bill. I searched my Amazon accounts - no luck. I contacted the maker Prestige and asked them if it was still ok to use the pan.

They wrote back and asked me for photos of the pan I suspect to prove it hadn’t been maltreated. Then they asked me to choose a new pan because this one is discontinued. Today they are sending me a new pan.
Result!
I had the same experience with Prestige. One day I noticed a largish "blister" on the copper bottom. Wrote to them and they replaced it without any bother.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.