Stir fry oil

🛒 Tips and information about French shops, online buying, bargains, product reviews, price comparisons
ajm

Stir fry oil

#1 Post by ajm »

Does it, or its equivalent, exist here. We still have some but not due to go to yuk until June.

Quiksilver

Stir fry oil

#2 Post by Quiksilver »

Never heard of a specific oil for stir fry! I use grilled sesame seed oil for asiatic dishes. It's not cheap but adds a lovely flavour. Having said that, I'm sure most big supermarkets sell something suitable. There's 'huile à friture' for a start :D

Hotrodder

Stir fry oil

#3 Post by Hotrodder »

The best oil for stir frying would be groundnut (peanut) oil because it can be heated to the highest temperature without burning. The best for flavour is sesame. Available here but very expensive. Maybe found in online Asian sources. Or crazy money from Amazon.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

glazedallover

Stir fry oil

#4 Post by glazedallover »

I haven't been to Lidl for a few years, but they used to have asian food promos, and sold something called wok oil. No idea what it was/is as I still have a bottle best before 30/06/2015..........

Naylor's Ark

Stir fry oil

#5 Post by Naylor's Ark »

I use sesame oil only at the end of cooking. It has to be used at a low heat.

Hotrodder

Stir fry oil

#6 Post by Hotrodder »

It also works nicely in a mixed salad, used sparingly.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Quiksilver

Stir fry oil

#7 Post by Quiksilver »

glazedallover wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:58 pm I haven't been to Lidl for a few years, but they used to have asian food promos, and sold something called wok oil. No idea what it was/is as I still have a bottle best before 30/06/2015..........
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sparkle

Stir fry oil

#8 Post by Sparkle »

me too...sesame oil and walnut oil
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride