Amazon scam?

🛒 Tips and information about French shops, online buying, bargains, product reviews, price comparisons
Bayleaf

Amazon scam?

#11 Post by Bayleaf »

Wilbro wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:19 pm I send items to our daughter in the UK via Amazon uk. Our address in France is on my card. No problems!
Ah, looks like it may be a problem with my client's account then - I did a simulation, and it certainly didn't say I couldn't, although I didn't actually place an order. She has major stresses presently, so maybe complicating things without realising it ...

Nomoss

Amazon scam?

#12 Post by Nomoss »

Polarengineer wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:25 am Is there some reason that anyone would use Amazon UK while living in France? What am I missing? Did you know that you can enter a search in English and the Amazon AI finds what you are looking for?
On Amazon UK I have bought a laptop, because I wanted a UK keyboard, a freesat receiver and clothing items not available in France, and toys and books to send as presents to our grandchildren in Scandinavia. I compare prices including delivery and choose the lowest.

L Austin France

Amazon scam?

#13 Post by L Austin France »

Nomoss wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:29 am Is there some reason that anyone would use Amazon UK while living in France? What am I missing? Did you know that you can enter a search in English and the Amazon AI finds what you are looking for?
English language Kindle books.

hughnique

Amazon scam?

#14 Post by hughnique »

Historically if I was using Amazon UK and browsed an article it would tell me it was out of stock and didn't know when it would be available, when I change the address to an English one the item then became available. As said the notification is now immediately flagged up as we are showing blah blah, but it does give you the opportunity to change delivery address. So easy to just put the granddaughters address if that is the delivery point.

Nomoss

Amazon scam?

#15 Post by Nomoss »

L Austin France wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:35 am Is there some reason that anyone would use Amazon UK while living in France? What am I missing? Did you know that you can enter a search in English and the Amazon AI finds what you are looking for?
I can misquote you too.

Bayleaf

Amazon scam?

#16 Post by Bayleaf »

Last purchase from Amazon UK was a long, wax raincoat (best purchase of the year! :lol: ). I could have bought it through the French site, but it was more expensive, as would have come from the same supplier.

curtis

Amazon scam?

#17 Post by curtis »

I use Amazon UK so that I can pay in £ from my UK account for items to be sent within the UK.

Polarengineer

Amazon scam?

#18 Post by Polarengineer »

I admit I use Amazon.com for kindle books when there is a $1 box set of sci-fi to fall asleep to. Also I check Amazon .de, .nl or .be for some stuff that I cannot find on .fr, but the threat of customs duty from .UK keeps me away from that site.
...Makes sense Curtis, if you still suffer from UK banks.

Lori

Amazon scam?

#19 Post by Lori »

Yes, we use Amazon.com for sending gifts to family in the U.S. using our USD bank account.

MAD87

Amazon scam?

#20 Post by MAD87 »

L Austin France wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:35 am
Nomoss wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:29 am Is there some reason that anyone would use Amazon UK while living in France? What am I missing? Did you know that you can enter a search in English and the Amazon AI finds what you are looking for?
English language Kindle books.
I get them from Amazon.fr with no problem, except that at the moment I'm having to use my FR card as my English bank keeps blocking my UK card on Amazon - nowhere else!