Jean sizes?

🛒 Tips and information about French shops, online buying, bargains, product reviews, price comparisons
Spardo

Re: Jean sizes?

#11 Post by Spardo »

[mention]Spectrum[/mention]
As the male partner I don't wear jeans either.
Me neither, even as a young man I rarely did, but one time about 10 or 15 years ago I thought I ought try again but they were hardly ever worn. Too scratchy for my delicate skin( :roll: ) and useless when wet, take ages to dry if out and about and unable to change out of.

Loup-garou

#12 Post by Loup-garou »

I don't like supermarket shopping. I prefer to wait outside in the vehicle while Mrs LG does the necessary. Call it sexist, call it idolness - I sit listening to music; I call it being artistic.

Anyway, as I sit observing the world coming and going, I have been moved to comment to Herself on her return how ubiquitous jeans are amongst old men. There may be slight variations in colour (purists might baulk and say "There can be no variation in colour") but almost invariably old men wear jeans. Some carry a manbag, some wear boots whilst others have their slippers on but they almost all wear jeans.

Clearly the few men I have spotted unjeaned are members of FinF!
Last edited by Loup-garou on Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Naylor's Ark

#13 Post by Naylor's Ark »

I find buying jeans / trousers difficult because I have a "sway" back. ( the small of the back curves in and your bottom out) Quite common amongst women, yet Jean manufacturers don't make a fitting style for this. I usually have to alter any I buy on the sewing machine to stop them gaping at the back. Funny enough, the low rise style fits better on this body shape.
I too compare several of the same garment and size when buying. There's quite often a discrepancy, when they're supposed to be the same size. Manufacturing standards are lower than they used to be!

L Austin France

#14 Post by L Austin France »

What about the leg length?
I'm not exactly a short arse but every pair I buy has leg lengths suitable for giants & have to be turned up.
Seems to me that it's only girth that's indicated on tickets & it's assumed that everyone is a dab hand with needle & cotton. :D

Oldblueraincoat

#15 Post by Oldblueraincoat »

Worn jeans most of my adult life save for a couple of years where l put on a lot of weight and couldn't find a comfortable fit. But for the past 20 odd years here in France wear them all the time. Being 6'4" Levis were my go to make until l discovered 'Rica lewis', so much cheaper and good quality. Now l fork out 8 euros for the Super U jeans, a perfect fit, reasonable quality and look good (according to Madame OBR).

Spectrum

#16 Post by Spectrum »

L Austin France wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:38 am What about the leg length?
I'm not exactly a short arse but every pair I buy has leg lengths suitable for giants & have to be turned up.
Seems to me that it's only girth that's indicated on tickets & it's assumed that everyone is a dab hand with needle & cotton. :D
The first figure on at least the Levi jeans label is the inside leg (Cough) measurement the DW has long legs, Iam over six foot but don't have long legs, worn down with all the work :o

Spardo

#17 Post by Spardo »

Spectrum wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:24 am

The first figure on at least the Levi jeans label is the inside leg (Cough) measurement the DW has long legs, Iam over six foot but don't have long legs, worn down with all the work :o
That is quite unusual, as a 5'6" male I have found that I only get neck strain when standing close to a plus 6 footer, but sitting next to them we are often on the same eye line.

exile

#18 Post by exile »

L Austin France wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:38 am What about the leg length?
Some stores will do the alterations for you at no cost. OH and a friend from the UK have availed themselves of this service.