Marks & Sparkle

đź›’ Tips and information about French shops, online buying, bargains, product reviews, price comparisons
Hotrodder

Re: Marks & Sparkle

#21 Post by Hotrodder »

My mrs. likes to make a Xmas cake and the dried fruit is hellish expensive here, and the candied peel not available, and walnuts are often crazy expensive. It makes me grumpy when I hear about people cutting down a walnut tree in their garden because of the mess.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

L Austin France

#22 Post by L Austin France »

Hotrodder wrote: ↑Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:27 pm My mrs. likes to make a Xmas cake and the dried fruit is hellish expensive here, and the candied peel not available, and walnuts are often crazy expensive. It makes me grumpy when I hear about people cutting down a walnut tree in their garden because of the mess.
I've got about 20kg of last years walnuts & probably 10 kg of the year before's. I've taken sacks full to our boules club & now can't get rid of the things.
Loads here if you want 'em.

Hotrodder

#23 Post by Hotrodder »

Cheaper to order them from Amazon than pay the fuel. Thanks anyway. :D
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Sparkle

#24 Post by Sparkle »

I've just bought Tourangelle Walnut Oil & Sesame Oil from Amazon.fr which I would normally get from Hyper U or Intermarche but neither had them in stock which has pleased me as they were cheaper on Amazon by 1 euro a tin. OK I had to buy some other goodies that I needed ie batteries for the car fob and the landline phone which I couldn't get locally so managed to spend over the limit to get free delivery and the parcel arrived within 4 days - very happy person :D
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Chappers51

#25 Post by Chappers51 »

Yes, my BCS order is for things I can’t get here, like certain dried fruits or things that are exceptionally expensive.

I usually make just one order a year around this time. My French friends reprimanded me whilst I was enjoying lunch with them today because I haven’t started my Christmas cakes yet and I always make one for them.