Pigeon disaster

🦊 Anything to do with Wildlife in France, from insects to birds and moles.
L Austin France

Pigeon disaster

#11 Post by L Austin France »

Reminds me of a time many years ago when I was on a coach trip with the 'lads' from our professional association
We were belting up the busy M5 when someone yelled "Crane".
Everyone looked up expecting to see one of those 'hoisting' things & were just in time to see a Heron rising out of the roadside ditch & flapping frantically when it saw the coach bearing down on it.
The driver continued without swerving or braking with the resulting crash as the heron hit the windscreen dead centre.
The mess as the poor bird slid up the screen & slowly crashed from roof light to rooflight before it's remains finally disappeared off the back was something I'll not forget.
The driver could have caused one hell of a pile up if he had not taken the professional approach so, sad for the bird but lucky for us & other road users.

manonthemoon2

Pigeon disaster

#12 Post by manonthemoon2 »

Sparkle wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:58 am IMHO not as bad as a very small child on her own on a bicycle coming out onto the road between parked cars on a housing estate. Driver stopped in not quite in time as the child was knocked off her bike very fortunately she only had a graze from the tarmac but all the occupants of the car of which I was one were shell shocked. Of course we called the police and as she ran off we had to find where she lived. The front door to the house was wide open and her mother was still in bed it was around 10:30am. The policeman knew the occupant very well and went into the house - he came out saying her mother under the influence of drink wasn't bothered about it and to go on our way as the child wasn't hurt! That was years ago but it still sits on the shoulders what the outcome may have been!
OMG 😲

manonthemoon2

Pigeon disaster

#13 Post by manonthemoon2 »

I couldn't have stopped as the vehicle behind wanted to join my hemorrhoids 😉