Wolf attack?

🦊 Anything to do with Wildlife in France, from insects to birds and moles.
Nomoss

Wolf attack?

#1 Post by Nomoss »

Having had poultry killed by dogs without any sign of any being eaten, I understood that dogs are the most likely culprits where livestock are killed without the attacker eating anything.

This is in the Montagne Noire, nowhere near the Pyrenees where wolves were released.

https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr ... 1-1b2fba3b

tagh

Wolf attack?

#2 Post by tagh »

Foxes? Badgers? Mink?

Nomoss

Wolf attack?

#3 Post by Nomoss »

tagh wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:11 pm Foxes? Badgers? Mink?
I hope there are no foxes, badgers or mink around here big enough to kill a couple of sheep!

tagh

Wolf attack?

#4 Post by tagh »

You never know, nm, you never know. OK, wolf in sheep’s clothing, bear with PMT?😜

Blaze

Wolf attack?

#5 Post by Blaze »

Foxes will also kill without eating unless it's a vixen feeding her young. They will decimate a chicken house and leave the carcasses without eating them :(

Yonner

Wolf attack?

#6 Post by Yonner »

Blaze wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:03 pm Foxes will also kill without eating unless it's a vixen feeding her young. They will decimate a chicken house and leave the carcasses without eating them :(
I read somewhere that they do come back for the kills over time, like us doing a weekly shop rather than meal by meal.
Before COVID we had wolf sighting around us at the top end of Yonne. I found it pretty exciting, but the farmers had other views of course. I suspect it was quietly sent on its way, there have been no stories since then.

Loup-garou

Wolf attack?

#7 Post by Loup-garou »

Blaze wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:03 pm Foxes. They will decimate a chicken house and leave the carcasses without eating them :(
I have to admit I've had me moments at KFC joints!

Nomoss

Wolf attack?

#8 Post by Nomoss »

Apparently there are more wolves around here than most people thought.............
https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr ... 1-1b2fba3b