Lavender tidy up halted by grumpy wasp

🦊 Anything to do with Wildlife in France, from insects to birds and moles.
Nomoss

#11 Post by Nomoss »

Household ammonia, 13 - 15% solution. Also found in "After Bite" and similar sting treatment products.

Sparkle

#12 Post by Sparkle »

I would use aloe vera for soothing the irritation and witch hazel as an antiseptic.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Lori

#13 Post by Lori »

suein56 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:43 pm
Lori wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:03 pm Still some flowers left to make a bit more lavender wine
Ooh .. you've intrigued me Lori .. how do make Lavender wine ?
You can use any decent white wine. I stick to a basic inexpensive one that I like. Don't use higher end wines - it's a waste.

Cut one good sized lavender flour (2 if yours are small), place them in the 75cl bottle of white wine. Add about 1 teaspoon of sugar. Let sit in fridge for 3 weeks (or longer). Enjoy.

You can also use freshly dried lavender too, if your flowers are at end of freshness. I've also used freshly cut lavender leaves when all the flowers are gone. They all work, but a freshly cut flower give the best results.

Quite refreshing on a hot summer evening.

exile

#14 Post by exile »

Household alkaline materials
As suggested bicarb of soda, ammonia solution, also washing soda, pH+ if you have a pool and pool chemicals (be cautious, this is very alkaline and needs heavy dilution - 1 god pinch to a small wineglass of water)

Headers

#15 Post by Headers »

exile wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:19 pm Household alkaline materials
As suggested bicarb of soda, ammonia solution, also washing soda, pH+ if you have a pool and pool chemicals (be cautious, this is very alkaline and needs heavy dilution - 1 god pinch to a small wineglass of water)
well I’m not drinking THAT! But I’ll have a swig of lavender wine.