Found in the garden

🦊 Anything to do with Wildlife in France, from insects to birds and moles.
Char
Site Admin

Re: Found in the garden

#151 Post by Char »

Fantastic - you lucky lucky person. 8-)

Doug

#152 Post by Doug »

Wonderful[mention]Spardo[/mention] hope you manage to get a photo.
My first property here in France was watermill, I could sit up in bed having my morning coffee watching through the window, both kingfishers and dippers darting in and out of the river.

Spardo

#153 Post by Spardo »

No such luck, it never came back, and in fact all the other birds were absent too. There was one only evident from the ripples on the surface, which I couldn't see because of all the overhanging vegetation.

I will try again today and focus on the bottom pond where I first saw it and the shrubs are less overhanging there, but I think it might have happened here by accident, there are no fish and no rivers up here on the hill. I expect he is back down in the valley fishing the river. :D

I would love to have a stream running through the garden. When I first dug the 3 ponds I connected them all by a channel which, from the top (swimming) pond descended through the trees, under a wooden patio into the middle pond and then down a short waterfall into the bottom one. From there a pump sent it all back up to the top. It was magical, but some ladies didn't appreciate their rather more frequent visits to the toilet :lol: and it was a tad expensive to run for extended times. :roll:

Blaze

Found in the garden

#154 Post by Blaze »

Blue tits and great tits, more this year than I've seen for a long time.
IMGP0603.JPG
IMGP0581.JPG
IMGP0586.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sparkle

Found in the garden

#155 Post by Sparkle »

lovely photos Blaze.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Blaze

Found in the garden

#156 Post by Blaze »

Thank you, Sparkle :D
Here are a couple more of the usual suspects :
Greenfinch-Verdier.JPG
Starling-Etourneau.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oldblueraincoat

Found in the garden

#157 Post by Oldblueraincoat »

20220207124751_IMG_9422-01.jpeg
20220206113841_IMG_9414-01.jpeg
20220207142213_IMG_9430.JPG

Blaze

Found in the garden

#158 Post by Blaze »

An, that last one is very special, @Oldblueraincoat ❤️ I haven't seen any yet, they're probably hiding under stones.

Oldblueraincoat

Found in the garden

#159 Post by Oldblueraincoat »

Blaze wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:58 am An, that last one is very special, @Oldblueraincoat ❤️ I haven't seen any yet, they're probably hiding under stones.
Thank you - It's a very Luck Toad Mme OBR spotted it under the car - transferred to the adjacent field so no danger of being flattened :clap:

Sparkle

Found in the garden

#160 Post by Sparkle »

We have two in our garden but unless we're out in the garden in the early hours ie 3am-5am we don't see them. We wouldn't have known about them. That came about when the cat was poorly and we had to go out with her not cos she wanted the toilet she just wanted to go out for an hour or so :roll: She dobbed one - it jumped, she jumped, we all jumped :lol: Guess they are in Toad Hall by day :D
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride