I did a difficult thing today

:dog2::cat2: Keeping dogs, cats and all other pets in France
Headers

#1 Post by Headers »

Two years ago I said goodbye to my Dawnydog. She was 13.
Today I have finally donated all the toys, rugs , leads and harnesses (many of which were never used) to the local fourrier after an appeal from our Mairie for donations. The fourrier is situated next door to the SPA in a tatty set of buildings. The SPA has a beautiful new building and seems to be very well funded.
The girl who accepted the donation seemed a bit surprised but very happy as I explained each item.
It was more emotional than I had expected - my heart is still aching.

Blaze

#2 Post by Blaze »

That's really hard, Headers, it's almost like losing your dog again, all the memories come flooding back.
It's the dogs (and cats) in the fourrières that desperately need homing because their time can be limited. What a shame so many fourrières are so grim.

Hotrodder

#3 Post by Hotrodder »

We never forget.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

L Austin France

#4 Post by L Austin France »

Still got most of the accoutrements from our now departed first two rescues here in france. Mme LAF won't part with 'em unless the coats etc are a fit for one of the family's mutts or their pooch takes a fancy to a toy when visiting.
Rarely any good as hand me downs for any of our dogs as we seem to 'acquire' larger ones each time. :D

Wilbro

#5 Post by Wilbro »

We still have our black labs "baby bone".We got it from our local butcher in 1980 to help with our new puppy's teething. Still got the leads and bowls from our two dogs. The aforementioned one and the golden retriever after him.