Sherlock and sykes

:dog2::cat2: Keeping dogs, cats and all other pets in France
manonthemoon2

Sherlock and sykes

#1 Post by manonthemoon2 »

I know a few of you followed my stories of these two gorgeous cats.

Well, like me, they survived the trauma of the last 16 months, it was a difficult time when I couldn't see my beautiful boys.

As you may remember my OH built a catio for them so they had the outside area, but safe and secure. They loved watching the birds and laying in their hammocks outside, but secure.

On Sunday I went to check on them, imagine my horror when I saw them, escaped and investigating the garden.

Now I'm hobbling at best on one crutch, they're in an area outside the catio they've never been in before. I rattled the treats, sykes came running, I got him inside (phew), but Sherlock the diva that he is decided to have a good sniff around before he eventually came close enough for me to scoop him up, without a crutch to help me, and hobble into the house carrying an 8kg cat. PHEW

How I did it baffles me, adrenaline must've kicked in.

After they were safe I was in shock, shaking, felt sick, alone and didn't know what to do with myself.

A few cuddles with the escapees and a stiff drink helped.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Headers

Sherlock and sykes

#2 Post by Headers »

They are beautiful. Do you know how they escaped?

Trelawney

Sherlock and sykes

#3 Post by Trelawney »

You did well to get them back and under control. They obviously used a claw hammer and electric drill to aid their escape.

Blaze

Sherlock and sykes

#4 Post by Blaze »

That must have been terrifying, MOTM2, it's something many pet owners dread, but thank goodness they had stayed in the garden.
Well done retrieving them, no easy matter being such big cats .... I hope the effort doesn't take its toll. Rest and cuddles !
The big question is, how did they get out ?

MAD87

Sherlock and sykes

#5 Post by MAD87 »

Well done, MOTM2.
Have another drink.

Polly

Sherlock and sykes

#6 Post by Polly »

Goodness, MOTM2, what a shock to find them gone! It’s said that in extraordinary times, extraordinary strengths are found - and you definitely found the strength and determination necessary!

Cuddles and a stiff drink sound an excellent recipe after such a shock.

Your boys are lovely, and had obviously been practising escapology - definitely a pair of Houdinis!

manonthemoon2

Sherlock and sykes

#7 Post by manonthemoon2 »

Headers wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:01 am They are beautiful. Do you know how they escaped?
Yes, they managed to break out of the door with that green plastic like chicken wire. It's the only area that was flapping about. I've since cable tied proper wire fencing, it's now triple fenced :crazy: