Surrender of Bond - UK HMRC

Char
Site Admin

#11 Post by Char »

niemeyjt wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:12 pm
Char wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:39 pmYep, probably will, after all they collect the peanuts from people like us and let the rich stash their millions. :cry:
Of course, remember:

We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes. - Leona Helmsley
No I know it makes me cross we're no better than milking cows to the higher echelons of society. We create their wealth by working for them, buying their products and then protect their profits by paying the tax they don't.

tagh

#12 Post by tagh »

They create the jobs you do, Char, invest, take risks, pay for research. And you consume much more in terms of education, health, welfare, family benefits etc. And you dont have to buy their products if they are so hideous; imagine where you would be without, say, Amazon, Gucci, Danone, Leclerc…,mall of which I am sure you consume with relish🤪

Char
Site Admin

#13 Post by Char »

tagh wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:11 pm They create the jobs you do, Char, invest, take risks, pay for research. And you consume much more in terms of education, health, welfare, family benefits etc. And you dont have to buy their products if they are so hideous; imagine where you would be without, say, Amazon, Gucci, Danone, Leclerc…,mall of which I am sure you consume with relish🤪
:lol: Gucci my bottom. :P :lol: I buy as little as possible, unfortunately one can't grow money. ;)

niemeyjt

#14 Post by niemeyjt »

tagh wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:11 pmThey create the jobs you do, Char, invest, take risks, pay for research. And you consume much more in terms of education, health, welfare, family benefits etc. And you dont have to buy their products if they are so hideous; imagine where you would be without, say, Amazon, Gucci, Danone, Leclerc…,mall of which I am sure you consume with relish🤪
Relish on my Danone? Next you'll be telling me you put Marmalade on your fried bread.

tagh

#15 Post by tagh »

Yes, marmalade on fried bread. Try it, very good

Char
Site Admin

#16 Post by Char »

niemeyjt wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:33 pm
tagh wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:11 pmThey create the jobs you do, Char, invest, take risks, pay for research. And you consume much more in terms of education, health, welfare, family benefits etc. And you dont have to buy their products if they are so hideous; imagine where you would be without, say, Amazon, Gucci, Danone, Leclerc…,mall of which I am sure you consume with relish🤪
Relish on my Danone? Next you'll be telling me you put Marmalade on your fried bread.
:clap: :lol:

elsie

#17 Post by elsie »

I've just seen this on another forum about a change of HMRC rules (the person posting it had had discussions with HMRC to confirm this):

For each new pension or other source of UK income that starts, HMRC will reset your Tax code to the emergency tax code(1257) so that means that your pension (including the lump sum if applicable) is taxed at source.

In order to rectify the situation, you need to fill in a UK DT-Individual form https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... individual 4 no matter how many times you have filled this in before. It then has to be stamped by the tax authorities here and returned to HMRC.

If you don't do this, any other UK pensions and income could also be taxed in the UK, if your income exceeds the tax free allowance (£12570), until the HMRC have the form.

Char
Site Admin

#18 Post by Char »

elsie wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:21 pm I've just seen this on another forum about a change of HMRC rules:
For each new pension or other source of UK income that starts, HMRC will reset your Tax code to the emergency tax code(1257) so that means that your pension (including the lump sum if applicable) is taxed at source.

In order to rectify the situation, you need to fill in a UK DT-Individual form https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... individual 4 no matter how many times you have filled this in before. It then has to be stamped by the tax authorities here and returned to HMRC.

If you don't do this, any other UK pensions and income could also be taxed in the UK if your income exceeds the tax free allowance (£12570) until the HMRC have the form.
Thanks elsie, more hoop jumping for most of us by the looks of it. :roll:

exile

#19 Post by exile »

It's what the UK is getting good at - bureaucratic nonsense.

Wasn't one of the reasons from Brexit to get away from bureaucracy?

Ah but that was foreign bureaucracy. Now you can have good old British bureaucracy.