fonciere on a piece of land

Sparkle

#1 Post by Sparkle »

We've been asked if we'd like to buy a piece of land around 500m2 that has a old large barn on it. I didn't think to ask the question what the taxes are or how much - I guess fonciere is payable but would there be anything else? It had at one time permission to build. Since it was first purchased around 2001 two sous sols have been built either side of the land. We're considering it but it very much depends on the price being asked - not cos we want to build on it but we would have a use for a large barn! Any comments gratefully received - thanks.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

MAD87

#2 Post by MAD87 »

The price will depend to a great extent on whether it has un CU - certificat d'urbanisme. The vendor or mairie will tell you what the TF is, but no doubt there's a gouv. site if you know the parcel no.

Sparkle

#3 Post by Sparkle »

@MAD87 Thanks very much for your response. We will check first with the vendor - I've found the plot number on the cadastre.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride