Interest on investment withdrawal

Char
Site Admin

Interest on investment withdrawal

#1 Post by Char »

Good afternoon everyone, I hope you're all enjoying the glorious sunshine we have where I am.

Does anyone of you lovely people know which box we put interest on a small sum of money we've withdrawn from an investment.

Many thanks - enjoy the rest of the day,
Char

Sparkle

Interest on investment withdrawel

#2 Post by Sparkle »

Don't know if this will help (it certainly helped my form filling) till someone experienced comes along. You need to get the details "public 2022 tax help files" via the dropbox - and apologies as it's from another forum :oops:
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

elsie

#3 Post by elsie »

2TR is for interest: Intérêts et autres produits de placement à revenu fixe (ligne 2TR)
or 2TS is for other income: Autres revenus distribués et assimilés (ligne 2TS)
and tick 2OP as well so you get changed at the tax scale rate rather than the full rate.

There is a full explanation in the Cadre 2 section on page 3 of the form 2047 notes https://www.impots.gouv.fr/sites/defaul ... 7_3873.pdf

elsie

#4 Post by elsie »

Sparkle wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:55 pm Don't know if this will help (it certainly helped my form filling) till someone experienced comes along. You need to get the details "public 2022 tax help files" via the dropbox - and apologies as it's from another forum :oops:
Unless you have a complicated tax declaration this guide, by Isabelle Want from BH Assurances/Allianz, https://bh-assurances.fr/wp-content/upl ... ONLINE.pdf is much easier to follow than the guide you mentioned and will probably be all most here to complete an online return. It has images of the tax forms so it can be used by those still completing a paper declaration.

MAD87

#5 Post by MAD87 »

Is it interest or capital you've withdrawn?

Sparkle

#6 Post by Sparkle »

@elsie thanks Elsie - I shall keep that for next year's return.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Char
Site Admin

#7 Post by Char »

Thanks everyone.
MAD87 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:27 am Is it interest or capital you've withdrawn?
It's capital we've withdrawn and we have to declare the interest accrued on the amount we've withdrawn. (I think)

elsie

#8 Post by elsie »

For capital the necessary entries are explained in Cadre 3 (page 4) of the 2047 notes https://www.impots.gouv.fr/sites/defaul ... 7_3873.pdf
You need to complete section 3 of form 2047 which gives the origin of the money and form 2042

Spectrum

#9 Post by Spectrum »

We have used Isabelle before for our tax return form filling, she knows her stuff, for a few years I have been declaring income as taxable when it wasn't, so got a small refund last year, will use her online advice this year as our tax situation has become simplified this last year, Thanks elsie for the link.

Kong

#10 Post by Kong »

I'm not clear what you mean by interest on withdrawal. If you mean interest on the capital earned in the past then you would have been declaring it in the past already. If you mean tax on gain in value then that is capital gains tax - a different animal. I can help you with that.