Did you over- or underpay 2022 tax?

L Austin France

#11 Post by L Austin France »

Just received ours today which is spot on.
Mrs LAF was delighted bearing in mind the months of hassle she had last time when, following a meeting with her, the Inspecteur divisionnaire actually wrote to us apologising for her departments continual errors, intransigence & lack of knowledge re. S1 holders social charges situation
Wouldn't surprise me if she'd flagged our a/c to ensure it was correct this time as she didn't want to have to again deal with my Mini Dragon. :lol:

Lori

#12 Post by Lori »

Ours turned up today. All normal thank goodness. This was the first declaration that we did with no assistance. So, we're pleased we seemed to have done it correctly.

ajm

#13 Post by ajm »

We got our declaration correct - they have added both our incomes together for me and left OH's income correct.

Char
Site Admin

#14 Post by Char »

Postie delivered ours today - no idea if it's right or not, but we don't have any tax to pay so it's their problem if it's wrong. :lol:

Doug

#15 Post by Doug »

Ours arrived today as well, same as usual being pouvres retraites never pay tax either.

tagh

#16 Post by tagh »

Well, there was an email today; I was expecting the annual tax demand but it was a repayment of social charges for earlier years plus the fact that they would get it right this year, a surprise asI had queried it months ago and forgotten about it.
I expect the demand by the end of the month as this area is always last to send the email.

Mangetout

#17 Post by Mangetout »

Still awaiting my Avis. Later than normal this year.

Hotrodder

#18 Post by Hotrodder »

I got mine months ago and when I found we are not only being charged more (as expected) but have now lost our €100 reduction for being below the threshold. I wrote asking to explain why and after a few weeks got a message that they would "look into it". I'm not holding my breathe. :oops:
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

tagh

#19 Post by tagh »

Just had a note from the fisc saying they owe me a healthy amount of dosh which they will deduct from my impending bill. Added to the sum they have already paid into my a/c my tax bill is only 10% of what it would have been otherwise. Nice one, will pay for my holiday this week.

Headers

#20 Post by Headers »

Ive just looked at our situation for 2023. Due to me receiving my state pension, the improvement in the exchange rate and the pension increase we received, our income has gone up more than I had anticipated. I usually offset any excess with an aide à domicile gardening job but due to bad weather it hasn’t been done.So my prélèvement à la source are well under what I need to pay them.
I have two things to do on the impôts site - change my situation for 2024 and work out how to pay them the extra.
Do I leave it till tax return time and risk a fine or do I risk paying a one off payment now. Estimating the 2024 income is always difficult because of the exchange rate.
Any ideas please?