MTs disappearing fast

🩺 Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
Quiksilver

MTs disappearing fast

#41 Post by Quiksilver »

Until recently, the solution to that sort of situation was to get straight to the local hospital's Urgences. Especially for optical or dental emergencies. It meant a few hours wait to see someone but the treatment was excellent. As a result of that and the lack of qualified doctors at the hospital, though, they've stopped access other than via the SAMU or pompiers, or via referral from an MT. During the last two summers, due to holiday leave, the Urgences was closed at night :shock: It's a pretty sad state of affairs for a country that considers itself a world leader in healthcare, although no doubt this is mostly a rural problem.

Blaze

MTs disappearing fast

#42 Post by Blaze »

There is an excellent Clinic here, privately run but takes "state" patients. It has recently opened an "urgences trauma" section which means a far shorter wait. I used it recently for a suspected thumb fracture and was in and out, x-rayed and plastered (no, not that sort of plastered ...) in about an hour. The hospital takes malaises and other non-trauma patients. Up to now the hospital hasn't had a particularly good reputation for dealing with trauma - we know 2 people who had to have broken arms reset after being dealt with at the hospital so the Clinic's service is very welcome - the staff are brilliant. It's understandable that staff shortages can cause huge problems so the "innovation" is very welcome.

Pathca

MTs disappearing fast

#43 Post by Pathca »

When I was stung near my eye in October,whilst in France to cut a very long story short I went to Urgencies at the local private clinic,in and out quickly ,good examination felt reassured - 25 euros .They had a tariff of some of the common injuries they dealt with and the costs were very reasonable

Blaze

MTs disappearing fast

#44 Post by Blaze »

For what it's worth, MT's are on strike today and tomorrow. They want the consultation fee to go up and a solution found for the areas which cannot recruit MTs.
https://actu.fr/societe/greve-des-medec ... 72622.html

Doug

MTs disappearing fast

#45 Post by Doug »

Blaze wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:00 am For what it's worth, MT's are on strike today and tomorrow. They want the consultation fee to go up and a solution found for the areas which cannot recruit MTs.
https://actu.fr/societe/greve-des-medec ... 72622.html
With both having our annual checkup today, phoned up our gp to see if on strike, told that a 65 year old country doctor doesn't go on strike.

basquesteve

MTs disappearing fast

#46 Post by basquesteve »

What is a MT I have no idea what you are discussing

exile

MTs disappearing fast

#47 Post by exile »

Medecin Traitant = GP