Sorting out my S1

🩺 Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
Quiksilver

Sorting out my S1

#11 Post by Quiksilver »

Thanks, Headers :) Will do. I was wondering about RIFT, but there doesn't seem to be much activity there recently.

Headers

Sorting out my S1

#12 Post by Headers »

Quiksilver wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:56 am Thanks, Headers :) Will do. I was wondering about RIFT, but there doesn't seem to be much activity there recently.
Rift have not finished. I think it’s Justine Wallington or Alison Wyld who are the ones with all the knowledge

Headers

Sorting out my S1

#13 Post by Headers »

Update - I have received a letter from DWP and they have passed on the information to the NHS people who are supposed to contact me within the next 3 weeks.

Merlot

Sorting out my S1

#14 Post by Merlot »

That's good to hear Headers, hopefully now you can obtain your S1 and health cover in your own name. I know how stressful it is what you are going through at the moment, so only wish you the best.

My 66th birthday was this month, I applied for my pension back in March and to date have not heard anything. I telephoned today 'only' had to wait 21 minutes for somebody to answer. I was informed that the backlog is now somewhere around 4 months, totally unacceptable. How any government can get away with not paying people's state pension on time just beggars belief. Still so long as Johnson got Brexit 'dun' and had a nice party at number 10 I guess that our leader couldn't care less.

Headers

Sorting out my S1

#15 Post by Headers »

Merlot wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:56 pm That's good to hear Headers, hopefully now you can obtain your S1 and health cover in your own name. I know how stressful it is what you are going through at the moment, so only wish you the best.

My 66th birthday was this month, I applied for my pension back in March and to date have not heard anything. I telephoned today 'only' had to wait 21 minutes for somebody to answer. I was informed that the backlog is now somewhere around 4 months, totally unacceptable. How any government can get away with not paying people's state pension on time just beggars belief. Still so long as Johnson got Brexit 'dun' and had a nice party at number 10 I guess that our leader couldn't care less.
oh dear. 4 months is terrible. I hope they start speeding up a bit but the way the govt is talking about Civil Servants, I can’t really imagine why they would want to!

A.N.Other

Sorting out my S1

#16 Post by A.N.Other »

With the claimed 'Brexit benefit" of being able to return to the stone age and reintroducing imperial measurements let's hope Boris and Mogg don't also decide to revert back to pounds, shillings, and pence.

How you convert a non existent currency to Euros/Dollars/WHY to pay pensions to overseas residents I can't begin to imagine!

Same fate would befall Scotland should they ever win independence because they won't be allowed to use Sterling and won't immediately qualify to use the Euro.

manonthemoon2

Sorting out my S1

#17 Post by manonthemoon2 »

I'll be 66 in January 2024, should I apply now 🤔

Sparkle

Sorting out my S1

#18 Post by Sparkle »

@manonthemoon2 If I remember correctly I had to apply no earlier than 3 months before my birthday - but I can't find that info at the moment it may have been on the application form which I printed of months in advance and filled in ready to send off as I had numerous addresses to find postcodes for and employment firms that I couldn't remember the addresses for so spent a long time searching. Fortunately I have most of my pay slips (from 1970!) so could supply roll/employee numbers - so no reason why you can't download the form and make an early start :D
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

manonthemoon2

Sorting out my S1

#19 Post by manonthemoon2 »

We only have information from 2011, as we lost all our documents and everything in the house fire of 2010.

Can't they track work history (if they need it) from my national insurance no.?

Sparkle

Sorting out my S1

#20 Post by Sparkle »

@manonthemoon2 I didn't supply any documents other than birth & marriage certs. just the information as asked for on the form so as long as you can remember the address(es) of your home and dates you lived there and the names of your employers and the name of the town and again the dates. You will need a copy of your birth & marriage certs so if you lost those to the fire maybe get onto the GRO and order copies. That takes a couple of weeks so don't hang about - sorry if I'm sounding a bit brutal just trying to be helpful. Here's the form that you would need to fill in with all the information about applying for your OAP and the one for certificates.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ov-nsp.pdf

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride