Changes to eligibility for S1 holders to C2S

đź©ş Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
Quiksilver

#1 Post by Quiksilver »

Have there been any changes recently? Is anyone aware of ongoing changes due to the reciprocal agreement ending?
I have been informed (very snottily) by our CPAM in Agen that 'migrants britanniques' , holders of an S1, are no longer eligible to apply for what was the CMU-C, then the CSS and has now been re-baptised C2S. Well, I've trawled the French government site, and I can't find any allusion to this. It stinks to high heaven. We weren't officially refused, only found out when OH's attestation proved to be worthless after radio/Ă©chographie. No official refusal message on the Ameli account, either.
I'm not scaremongering, promise, but IF it is true, I'm sure someone would have picked up on it and publicised it.
The irony is that we've been French since 2019, but of course that doesn't alter the fact that our affiliation comes from an agreement made with UK :(

exile

#2 Post by exile »

https://www.francerights.org/health-pen ... re%20costs.

I suggest you send an equally snotty reply asking CPAM Agen to check with Paris and then inform you on what grounds they consider the international treaty with the UK no longer applies.

Quiksilver

#3 Post by Quiksilver »

Thanks, exile. I'm pretty sure that this is yet another example of a fonc getting above herself, and I'm itching to take it up with the Directeur/trice, but as the doors are locked to the general public and the only way to get a RDV is via Ameli, they've pretty much got things stitched up :D I wonder why they feel the need for such high security measures? :lol:
Writing and sending recommandée has never been a guarantee of success either. They deny ever having received paperwork for which you've got an avis de réception! Incredible...

Nomoss

#4 Post by Nomoss »

I suggest you make a RDV with your local France Services office. They are there to help with problems such as yours.
https://www.economie.gouv.fr/particulie ... e-services

Quiksilver

#5 Post by Quiksilver »

Thanks for the link, Nomoss :) Between them and our député, as well as letters to the head of the CPAM and the Minister of Solidarités and Santé (whoever that might be this week), I'll get some answers and keep the forum posted, in case this is a generalised punition for being born British. :roll:

Nomoss

#6 Post by Nomoss »

Hello QS. It seems we may be in the same boat.
I received a message that our CSS will end on 30/09/2022, and to renew it by completing the "demande de CSS" from my compte ameli.
I was warned to have dematerialised paperwork ready but was not asked for anything, only told that they would get our income details from employers etc.
When I reached the end of the process I was told our application could not be completed, and to contact our CPAM.
I tried entering "European" instead of "Other" for nationality, and also changing a couple of other options but nothing made any difference.
Tomorrow I may start the chore of calculating our income for the last calendar year, with a view to eventually submitting a paper application as of yore.
However, perhaps the online process is screwed up/non-functional/a dead parrot, and maybe it's better to wait a bit, until we have our Avis d'impòt and for any possible bugs in the software to be corrected.
I did notice that the list of European* countries on the application form no longer includes Royaume-Uni, so maybe France has unilaterally banished the UK from Europe, geographically as well as politically.
Does Jove really have it in for us?

Did you get any result from contacting France Services?

Nomoss

#7 Post by Nomoss »

A couple of points which I didn't mention previously.

1) QS: CSS has to be renewed annually. Did your husband`s cover lapse because it expired after a year, or because it was removed for the reason you were given by Agen CPAM?

2) Exile: The link you provided refers to cover under S1 in our situation, but doesn't specifically mention CSS, which seems to be a benefit accorded to residents, and not connected with the WA.
As such, it may be the subject of disagreement about who foots the bill for it in the case of a UK citizen covered by an S1, as CSS is not actually part of the Assurance Maladie, but a separately funded scheme.

Quiksilver

#8 Post by Quiksilver »

Knowing that the CSS has to be renewed annually, I started in February, for renewal before the end of April. Obviously, now the cover has expired, despite my attempts to get ahead of them :D . Ameli wouldn't let me complete online, either, @Nomoss. I assumed that this was because there was uncertainty either about the 'complémentaire' part no longer being administered by the CPAM itself, which I opted for, or ambiguity about the SS number, with it's integral 'foreigner' code numbers conflicting with our 'French' status. It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad, but the staff at the CPAM didn't have a clue whether they still managed the complémentaire part or not!
Anyway, I received a very polite phone call from one of the jobsworths last week, confirming a RDV tomorrow, confirming that we have French citizenship and detailing the justificatifs we'll need to provide. I fervently hope that someone, somewhere gave the Directeur a rollocking and that it will filter down to the minions.
I didn't get to France Services in the end, just sent stiff letters (récommandées, of course) and disputed the decision with their mediation service. I'll post another update after the RDV.

Nomoss

#9 Post by Nomoss »

Thank you QS. Our problem is not the same as yours, as we don't have French nationality.
I just read the information here https://www.ameli.fr/aude/assure/droits ... et-comment
The part which is relevant to our situation is:

Pour demander la Complémentaire santé solidaire, vous devez :

bénéficier de l’assurance maladie
et ne pas dépasser la limite maximum de ressources.

Unfortunately, we do not benefit from l'assurance maladie; part of our medical expenses are paid by them, but reimbursed by the UK government, previously as EU citizens, now under the WA. We do not pay SS contributions on our income, and we verify this every year by ticking the appropriate boxes on our tax return, thus avoiding payment of social charges.

As we have no longer been EU citizens since Brexit, we seem to have been getting CSS for the last couple of years because of a loophole, which is now being closed, as our situation was apparently not covered by the WA.

Probably no-one though of it. Quelle surprise! Thank you Boris.

Nomoss

#10 Post by Nomoss »

Quiksilver wrote: ↑Mon May 30, 2022 11:04 pm ......................... Ameli wouldn't let me complete online, either, @Nomoss. I assumed that this was because there was uncertainty either about the 'complémentaire' part no longer being administered by the CPAM itself, which I opted for, ..............
When I tried the online renewal, it said that the organisation which currently administers our CSS, Groupama, was not available, and I was given the options of choosing a local organisation or CPAM to administer it.