Changes to eligibility for S1 holders to C2S

đź©ş Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
Hotrodder

#41 Post by Hotrodder »

I'm not entirely convinced the problem is Brexit based. I tried to apply for CMUC, etc. back in 2009 and got such a runaround it soon became obvious I was up against institutional racism. I sent so many documents, (the same ones numerous times) and forms which were returned with notes to say they were the wrong ones. They were the ones sent by that very office. Then other forms to send to an office that denied it was their responsibility. I eventually realised it was a futile attempt. Even after this experience I decided I was better off here with a roof over my head than in UK without one.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Mangetout

#42 Post by Mangetout »

Nomoss, I think if you affiliate via PUMA you will have to pay cotisations based on your revenue. If your revenue is very low you may not have to. I forget what the limit is. But you will forfeit your S1 rights.

Nomoss

#43 Post by Nomoss »

Mangetout wrote: ↑Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:06 pm Nomoss, I think if you affiliate via PUMA you will have to pay cotisations based on your revenue. If your revenue is very low you may not have to. I forget what the limit is. But you will forfeit your S1 rights.
Thank you Mangetout. That would suit us fine. Whatever cotisations we would have to pay are unlikely to be more than the almost €1,900 we are now paying for our mutuelle. I don't believe we have any S1 rights other than partial health cover by AM.

I found the application form here https://demarchesadministratives.fr/for ... ce-maladie and intend to complete it and send it off ASAP

Nomoss

#44 Post by Nomoss »

Catch 22 immediately!
In the notes at the top of the form it states:

• Si vous relevez du régime de sécurité sociale d'un autre pays, par exemple en tant que travailleur détaché depuis l'étranger ou retraité, vous ne devez pas remplir ce formulaire. Pour exercer vos droits et ceux des membres de votre famille, vous devez fournir à votre caisse d'assurance maladie un formulaire S1 "Inscription dans l'Etat de résidence" ou un document équivalent pour les pays hors espace européen

Hotrodder

#45 Post by Hotrodder »

I rest my case. 8-)
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Quiksilver

#46 Post by Quiksilver »

We already tried the PUMA route, @Nomoss but on the basis of our French nationality, as suggested by the first fonc we saw when querying the non-renewal of our CSS. It was rejected for precisely the reason you state...the same get-out as that provided by the new law. Any person whose competent State isn't France (i.e. all S1 holders) is ineligible to apply for CSS. We appealed the decision but it was rejected. They just quoted the law as it's been applied since 30/4/21. The fact that we are being discriminated against and have lost rights that we had before the Withdrawal Agreement was concluded doesn't count for anything with either the French or UK governments. Maybe, just maybe if enough Brits formed a protest group and managed to reactivate the RIFT group that fought so hard for WA rights, it would force a re-think. Who knows? I won't be wasting any more time over it. My pension kicks in during 2024 which would take us over the plafond anyway. The whole business has destroyed my confidence in, and love of, France, though. :(

Char
Site Admin

#47 Post by Char »

Does the fault lay with France though, isn't it something to do with people holding S1s not paying social charges. I know the French living in the UK holding S1s get all their health cover paid for by France, so in reality I would have thought that the UK should pay for the entire cost of your health care over here.

If you thing the CPAM are difficult you should try dealing with CAF now they're a bloody useless bunch of uncaring bloops.

Char
Site Admin

#48 Post by Char »

I found this, not sure if it's any help but .......
css.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mangetout

#49 Post by Mangetout »

That is good news for some folk.

Nomoss

#50 Post by Nomoss »

Char wrote: ↑Sat May 06, 2023 1:38 pm I found this, not sure if it's any help but .......
Thanks Char. That definitely looks as if something has happened.
As I believe I mentioned, I was told in September last year, by the agent providing our current mutuelle, that negotiations were under way.

A British member of another French forum, holding an S1, reported in April that his application for CSS for his family, was accepted four weeks after he applied.