3rd covid vax.

🩺 Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
Pathca

Re: 3rd covid vax.

#11 Post by Pathca »

Been for my flu shot this lunchtime,I don’t usually have it this early,but A) I have a couple of things coming up where I will mixing with people that have come from all over and B ) I want it before supplies run out

Blaze

#12 Post by Blaze »

I don't think the flu vaccine for this coming winter is available yet in France. Last year I got it from the pharmacy as soon as it became available but was advised to wait until November before having the shot. They couldn't get the needle in my arm and fortunately had a "spare". The demand for the flu vaccine last winter was far bigger than the supply. Many people who had been eligible the year before hadn't taken up the offer, and last winter those people changed their minds when they heard that it was prudent to be jabbed in view of Covid...

rabbit

#13 Post by rabbit »

Interested to know how they "couldn't get a needle into your arm". It goes into a muscle.

Blaze

#14 Post by Blaze »

rabbit wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:36 am Interested to know how they "couldn't get a needle into your arm". It goes into a muscle.
Indeed, Rabbit ! A seemingly blunt needle couldn't cope with the finely toned muscle of my upper arm and after several abortive attempts, he gave up and took out a new vaccine/needle :lol:

Spardo

#15 Post by Spardo »

Tensing too much? Perhaps? :|

Not the Sherpa, obviously. :roll: :lol:

Doug

#16 Post by Doug »

Know how it feels [mention]Blaze[/mention] four years ago in for an op and a young man just couldn't get the needle in to link me up, four tries in one hand three in the other before he gave up and handed over to a nurse. First time and I was linked to to the machine but with very sore hands, luckily I was soon asleep.

Blaze

#17 Post by Blaze »

Spardo wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:36 pm Tensing too much? Perhaps? :|
Not the Sherpa, obviously. :roll: :lol:
:lol:
No, having injections doesn't bother me at all ! Apart from anything else, I was a blood donor for over 25 years. The second batch of vaccine/needle worked fine. We were laughing so much by the time he'd finished that everyone waiting in the pharmacy wondered what was going on :lol:

Doug

#18 Post by Doug »

Being into meditation for most of my adult life tension is the last thing.
With the four major ops in my life I've always refused a pre-med and the anesthatist always said how relaxed I was.

Pathca

#19 Post by Pathca »

I think Blaze is referring to an intra muscular injection for the vaccination,whereas the anaesthetic would be given intra venously. IV is much more skilled ,I know when I give my blood samples for siren study they have problems as I have small dainty veins. They are the only thing about me that are small and dainty mind

Mangetout

#20 Post by Mangetout »

Doug wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:57 pm Being into meditation for most of my adult life tension is the last thing.
With the four major ops in my life I've always refused a pre-med and the anesthatist always said how relaxed I was.
I've had quite a few ops as well, and each time the pre med was in tablet form. Just as well I take it because each time it takes multiple attempts to get into a vein. Last time they had to go in the side of my wrist. Not nice. It's the same when I have blood tests every 3 months. It's a nightmare.