TousAntiCovid app problem

🩺 Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
elsie

TousAntiCovid app problem

#1 Post by elsie »

I have TousAntiCovid on my Motorola G5 (Android 8.1) and have my QR Code certificate on it. However, when they update the app, it does not always work silently on my phone and I have to go through a re-installation/re-registration. That last happened a few days ago. But I did not do any checks.

When I went out today and needed to show the pass, I discovered my certificate had disappeared from the app, which could have been embarrassing (and very worrying had I been travelling away from home). Fortunately I also have a screen shot of the QR Code as an image on my phone so I used that. I also have PDF of the full EU Covid Digital Certificate on my phone.

I contacted the Help Desk but could not provide any reason for the update problem or the loss of certificates. They did suggest e-mailing copies so I had them on my phone!

demi

Re: TousAntiCovid app problem

#2 Post by demi »

My daughter in law,who lives in France, has had the same problem as have many of her friends.

They all now carry round a printed hard copy of their vaccination status.

Not ideal but better than nothing.

suein56

#3 Post by suein56 »

I too have a G5 .. and, having read about such updating snags, decided to print out our passes for a couple of reasons.
Firstly .. I am not as techy as you are and would panic if smthg went wrong just when I needed the pass.
Secondly .. I am not brilliant with apps in general .. I am more tortoise than hare .. so tend to overthink things and tie myself in knots.
But I do tend to email myself all kinds of stuff so I have them to hand on my phone 😊

suein56

#4 Post by suein56 »

[mention]elsie[/mention] Thank you for your excellent idea of simply taking a photo of our Euro passes and storing them on my phone (OH has a really old smartphone but only puts it on to make a call, then switches it off again 😶)
These images were shown at lunchtime as we ate in a resto .. and passed the scanner with flying colours.
So many thanks from me and OH 🙌

Doug

#5 Post by Doug »

With us both, same as with the travel attestations, we only carry paper ones, never been asked for covid one yet, but?