Health Care

🩺 Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
ajm

Health Care

#1 Post by ajm »

Years ago we had to give CPAM proof of our UK pensions to be able to continue with health care. We have not been asked for it recently but when we get notification of our pension increase from UK we send them a copy anyway. Does anybody do similar?

tagh

Health Care

#2 Post by tagh »

Let sleeping CPAMs and others lie for me!

ajm

Health Care

#3 Post by ajm »

We have continued to do it because one time we got our prescriptions just before a trip to UK and got a call from the chemist that our CVs had been cancelled and would we please come and pay.

hughnique

Health Care

#4 Post by hughnique »

I went off giving them any info, unless asked for, years ago. There was / is a particularly nasty old trout at our office in Saumur, she tried to get me to register for my French pension??, as I had paid a piddling amount of tax several years back, she reckoned it would be better to combine my UK and this newly found French one. The truth of it was that I was never entitled to a bean on the French side, I was told after that she wanted to manage my UK pension so as she could charge an annual admin fee, tell them nothing that you do not have to.

hughnique

Health Care

#5 Post by hughnique »

ajm wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:27 am We have continued to do it because one time we got our prescriptions just before a trip to UK and got a call from the chemist that our CVs had been cancelled and would we please come and pay.
Was this when you had to update them on a regular basis, I have not done that or ages now.

L Austin France

Health Care

#6 Post by L Austin France »

ajm wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:18 am Years ago we had to give CPAM proof of our UK pensions to be able to continue with health care. We have not been asked for it recently but when we get notification of our pension increase from UK we send them a copy anyway. Does anybody do similar?
Not us, as far as I know. Do you mean private pensions taken out before UK state pension date is arrived at?
Surely healthcare is a given if you're a S1 & WA residence permit holder who has submitted details to 'the system'.

ajm

Health Care

#7 Post by ajm »

hughnique wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:35 am
ajm wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:27 am We have continued to do it because one time we got our prescriptions just before a trip to UK and got a call from the chemist that our CVs had been cancelled and would we please come and pay.
Was this when you had to update them on a regular basis, I have not done that or ages now.
[/quote
It was a few years ago but we decided that giving them the info each year would hopefully prevent any problems - so far so good. For cost of a stamp.

MAD87

Health Care

#8 Post by MAD87 »

I must say I don't volunteer information to the authorities. If they want it, they can ask!

exile

Health Care

#9 Post by exile »

Never been asked - probably just as well since between us we have 7 different pensions coming in. That would surely confuse them.

ajm

Health Care

#10 Post by ajm »

exile wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:39 pm Never been asked - probably just as well since between us we have 7 different pensions coming in. That would surely confuse them.
It was specifically for the state pension so they could get some money back from the UK.