Jabbed again.

🩺 Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
Blaze

Jabbed again.

#11 Post by Blaze »

An interesting article on the BBC website today about Covid :
"Why Covid is still flooring some people"
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-67726685

OH tested positive for Covid for the second time at the end of September but recovered quickly. I fully expected to catch it as my immune system is apparently lower than 'normal' after breast cancer. However, this seemed not to be the case as I didn't have a single symptom. I didn't bother to test myself and had my 4th jab a couple of weeks later without any side effects.

Ever since the beginning, the virus and its variants have affected everyone differently, as have the various vaccinations. There is still so much that is not known about Covid and its effects. Will they ever get to the bottom of it ?

Until evidence proves the contrary, I will continue to be vaccinated for Covid and grippe for my own protection. It's a personal choice which we're extremely fortunate to have, and it's free. Having worked in the Urgences and seen them swamped by Covid cases coming in, it's something I'd rather try to avoid.

Nomoss

Jabbed again.

#12 Post by Nomoss »

Polly wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:34 am
Doug wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:08 pm We have our 7th next Tuesday.
All because we're old and vulnerable. :D
That’s a lot! I had my 6th in October for the same reasons 😀
We have our 7th on Thursday for the same reasons.

OH's cousin's husband, about our age, had Covid 18 months ago. His breathing is so bad and oxygen level so low that he is now unable to fly anywhere for holidays.

hughnique

Jabbed again.

#13 Post by hughnique »

OH can't have the flu, grippe, injection as she is highly allergic to anything carrying egg, I refuse to have it as the 2 times in life I have, I have had a serious reaction and felt like crap for several weeks. People tell me that's nonsense as it doesn't give you the flu, I can only go by my experience and judge by what has happened to me, and it surely made me bad.

Polarengineer

Jabbed again.

#14 Post by Polarengineer »

[quote=Nomoss post_id
OH's cousin's husband, about our age, had Covid 18 months ago. His breathing is so bad and oxygen level so low that he is now unable to fly anywhere for holidays.
[/quote]
It’s that long run up to take off that makes you puff.

L Austin France

Jabbed again.

#15 Post by L Austin France »

Blaze wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:51 am Until evidence proves the contrary, I will continue to be vaccinated for Covid and grippe for my own protection.
Same here.
Had 'em all & not had Covid or Grippe..................yet :shh:

Polly

Jabbed again.

#16 Post by Polly »

Blaze wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:51 am

Until evidence proves the contrary, I will continue to be vaccinated for Covid and grippe for my own protection. It's a personal choice which we're extremely fortunate to have, and it's free.
Me too. I started having flu jabs at college aged 18 and felt very privileged when many, who chose not to have jabs caught flu and were very ill that winter. It was interesting to see how many of the young, fit, male PE students fainted.

L Austin France

Jabbed again.

#17 Post by L Austin France »

Polarengineer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:58 pm [quote=Nomoss post_id
It’s that long run up to take off that makes you puff.
[/quote]
I bet the guy who's unable to fly is pissing himself with laughter at that :roll: