Ouch!

đź©ş Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
Liz

Ouch!

#1 Post by Liz »

Not been around much as I'm one-hand typing due to strapped up and pinned left wrist, thanks to Sophie a 70 kilo friendly but boisterous newfoundland dog. Her owner can't hang on to her if she decides to go and unfortunately she charged me and I crashed down. Cue pompiers with siren.... what really bugged me was the dog owner describing the situation as 'my dog has just knocked over and ELDERLY lady, her wrist is at a funny angle and she is in pain'. Elderly, me? :?
3 weeks later it's still b painful. I was bruised from shoulder to fingers, now the pain is 'only' in my hand and wrist.
Nasty bump where I can see the heads of the 3 pins too.
Still at least I didn't break a hip as well, judging by the more advanced than I thought osteoporotic state of my radius.
Thank goodness for having so many local friends, much needed as Fixit is still not driving due to eyesight issues.
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

Lori

Ouch!

#2 Post by Lori »

Yikes Liz ! You say the dog is friendly, so is this how he greets his friends ?? Dangerous.

Hope your arm/hand stays on the mend. Best steer clear of the big dog.

Blaze

Ouch!

#3 Post by Blaze »

Poor you, Liz, that must be very painful. Yes, the term "elderly" piques, doesn't it !

I know how you feel because I had a similar incident with a boisterous Malinois (not quite the same weight, but very muscular).
Hope you get some good physio (which isn't easy to start with).
It sounds as if Sophie badly needs a firm hand and training - a big uneducated dog like that could cause serious injury.

Sending healing vibes !

manonthemoon2

Ouch!

#4 Post by manonthemoon2 »

Wishing you a continued recovery Liz, take it easy as you can't do much else.

Doug

Ouch!

#5 Post by Doug »

Sorry to hear of you loosing to a dog Liz, do hope that you are soon up to 100%.
Keep safe and well.

L Austin France

Ouch!

#6 Post by L Austin France »

We used to feed a neighbour's Newfie when they went away for a few days.
The dog had the run of the garden & slept in the garage so was quite happy but always boisterous when we turned up at grub time.
I'm no lightweight midget but the dog could push between my legs & pretty much lift me off my feet so one had to be carefull.
Slobbered a lot as well. :roll:

Headers

Ouch!

#7 Post by Headers »

I got knocked down from behind by a Labrador in my younger days. The owner was aghast and couldn’t understand how it could have happened. He helped me limp home and I had in fact broken my leg. It turned out the dog was going blind and just didn’t see me.

exile

Ouch!

#8 Post by exile »

Speedy recovery Liz. We have a blind cat and with 4kg that is bad enough when he runs into you as you are carrying something and have no free hands.

Polly

Ouch!

#9 Post by Polly »

Liz, so sorry to read about your run-in with Sophie - it must have been a very painful experience; wishing you a speedy recovery! As for being called an elderly lady - that doesn’t help the morale at all!

Pathca

Ouch!

#10 Post by Pathca »

Ooo nasty Don’t stint on pain control I know people don’t like taking medication but if you are in pain you will instinctively protect it and then that can cause problems at a later date