That's that for another two years.

🩺 Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
L Austin France

#1 Post by L Austin France »

Today I had a 2 yearly check up at the Polyclinic Noyal-Pontivy for a dodgy heart valve inherited from my old man who popped his clogs the day before his retirement with this problem. Great service & interesting chat with Dr Le Potier the cardiologue.
Echograph & ECG controls done, all's still stable & apparently he thinks I'll be OK for a while as he said he'll see me in another two years. :lol: :D

Blaze

#2 Post by Blaze »

It's always a sense of relief when you're given the all clear ... but also having regular check-ups so if anything does go wrong, it should be caught early.
Have you got a "soufflement de coeur" ?

L Austin France

#3 Post by L Austin France »

Blaze wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:08 pm Have you got soufflement de coeur"
It's insuffisance mitrale which is no problem if I don't over exert myself which I gave up doing yonks ago :lol:
Most day to day stuff is OK & I'm fortunate that I can invest in machines & labour to do whatever heavy lifting I don't fancy.
All in all it's a PITA but I've outlived the old fellow, I'm now on course to beat the hell out of my pension actuaries & if nothing else it gives me a good excuse to relax & do nothing if I don't feel like grafting :D

Polly

#4 Post by Polly »

Excellent news!

Doug

#5 Post by Doug »

Good to hear that things are OK.
With ref to the other post, "absolutely" sayings,
The one thing the French always say is "that good health always come first"
Have been having a yearly health mot for years and it's always good to get a confirmation that I'm OK for my age, our Dr has told me more than once that I'm ten years below my birth year, don't feel it at times when my long covid plays up.

demi

#6 Post by demi »

Great news.