Cancer Support France

🩺 Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
Char
Site Admin

Cancer Support France

#1 Post by Char »

Support for English-speaking people touched by cancer in France https://cancersupportfrance.org/

Headers

Cancer Support France

#2 Post by Headers »

I’ve had Stage 4 BC for 6 years now. I haven’t contacted a group but there have been some dark times when perhaps talking to someone outside my family would have helped.
Thankyou Char.

manonthemoon2

Cancer Support France

#3 Post by manonthemoon2 »

Headers wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:03 am I’ve had Stage 4 BC for 6 years now. I haven’t contacted a group but there have been some dark times when perhaps talking to someone outside my family would have helped.
Thankyou Char.
I'm always happy to talk, I've had 2 different BC since 2008. Not quite the same as I don't have stage 4 but did go through the mill a lot, especially the first time.

In my area I didn't find Cancer Support very helpful, but that might just be where I live.

A.N.Other

Cancer Support France

#4 Post by A.N.Other »

A worthy organisation.

For a number of years my OH was the president of the Lot & N. Dordogne chapter and after that was a trainer for Active Listeners.

She still produces their national newsletter!

Nothing equivalent in Spain unfortunately.

Headers

Cancer Support France

#5 Post by Headers »

Ive just had my annual review. All good. Still here. Not cured but carrying on. I’ve had a month of treading water waiting to see my onco after all the tests have been done. I can’t fault the treatment I’ve had or the lovely people I have had looking after me.
It does always hang over you though. All that rubbish they use in the ads about ringing bells and saying it’s gone pfft. When you’re stage 4 It’s never gone.

Doug

Cancer Support France

#6 Post by Doug »

Thanks from us Char,
If the WHO is correct cancer will increase loads in the future.
Both of us are so lucky in that there's been no cancer in our sides of family but both over the years, have relatives who have married into families who have,result being that their children have developed it with disastrous effect.
Also having a few friends suffering from cancer we really feel for those who have/are suffering from the horrible disease.

Doug

Cancer Support France

#7 Post by Doug »

It's just been announced that King Charles has cancer.

Doug

Cancer Support France

#8 Post by Doug »

Doug wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:03 pm King Charles news.
Transfered to uk news.

Pathca

Cancer Support France

#9 Post by Pathca »

Ringing the bell is very emotive
A friend has had stage 4 breast cancer for 20 years. She is very vocal about it all to help support people

Polly

Cancer Support France

#10 Post by Polly »

Excellent news about your annual review, Header.

Good for your friend, Pathca.

It’s so good that people talk about cancer - years ago people just didn’t talk about it - my mother never spoke about it to family or friends and died not having told anyone.

I’ve had two different types of breast cancer and talked about them to every woman I knew, mentioned it on forums, hoping that every one would have their mammograms when contacted - my first breast cancer was found when I had my regular mammogram.

Thinking of all who have cancer.