Covid booster

🩺 Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
hughnique

Covid booster

#1 Post by hughnique »

Where are you supposed to get the booster jab sorted out, I thought the pharmacies were doing it but our one said there is a waiting list, booking on line at the normal centre there are no RDV's available for weeks.??

Bayleaf

Covid booster

#2 Post by Bayleaf »

Where did you have your first two? If you're already in someone's system, that might be the easiest way to get a RDV. Just may take a while, and it has to be more than six months since your last one.

p4psb

Covid booster

#3 Post by p4psb »

Many vaccine centres are now doing them sans RDV.

Wilbro

Covid booster

#4 Post by Wilbro »

My wife needs her 3rd end of December. She is of an age though which gives her "preference" but no RDVs available so mentioned it to our doctor who gave her a RDV for early January. Worth a word I would think.

hughnique

Covid booster

#5 Post by hughnique »

First two were at the doctors surgery, we were up there last week and he said we should get the third, then went on to mention a fairly local pole de sante, however I have found a more local one so will pop up there Monday for a RDV

Sparkle

Covid booster

#6 Post by Sparkle »

OH has just booked his with the same pharmacie as his previous two jabs. There was no mention of a waiting list but his 5 months isn't up till the 13th Dec. So we will wait to hear or not as the case may be.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Hotrodder

Covid booster

#7 Post by Hotrodder »

I got the first two via Doctolib website. It took many weeks to get RDVs but I noticed that some new dates often pop up suddenly because of cancellations. That means that I should have been checking daily for closer dates, even twice a day checking could bear fruit. And Doctolib is not the only site. I had a date in late January booked there for the booster and then out of the blue CPAM/Ameli (?) emailed me to say there is a vaccination bus in my village in less than a week. A one hour time slot. Since it was much sooner and saved the 45 minute drive to the vaccination centre I went for it. So did about 100 others.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Veem

Covid booster

#8 Post by Veem »

We had ours a month or so ago and it was dead easy. We could have gone that day or had the choice of almost any day at any time. But that was before Macron's announcement about December 15th and passes being deactivated. It all seems to have got much busier since then.

exile

Covid booster

#9 Post by exile »

I assume that you have looked here:

https://www.sante.fr/cf/centres-vaccination-covid.html

Allows you to check your departement - or an adjacent one if that could be more convenient.

Quiksilver

Covid booster

#10 Post by Quiksilver »

Bayleaf wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:57 am Where did you have your first two? If you're already in someone's system, that might be the easiest way to get a RDV. Just may take a while, and it has to be more than six months since your last one.
Two recent alterations have pushed up demand: It's now a 5-month-after-the-last-one timescale, and open to all over 18s.