Benefits simulator

đź©ş Post Questions & Find Info On: Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Health Insurance, Social Security, Care for the Elderly, etc.
Sunflower

Benefits simulator

#1 Post by Sunflower »

Did you know there is an official simulator where you can find out what benefits you may be able to get.

It doesn't ask for too much private information and will only take a few minutes to complete. Once you have completed your simulation it will show you what you may be entitled to and how to claim.

For example we are on low income (just my UK pension) we get the following benefits.

#1Allocation de Solidarité aux Personnes Âgées: This tops up my pension to €906 per month.

#2 Complémentaire Santé Solidaire: This pays for both of our top up health insurance.

#3 Chèque énergie: This is like the British heating allowance (ours is €240 per year) and it comes as a cheque you can use for any fuel apart from vehicles, or you can choose to have it paid direct to your energy supplier.

Don't miss out, it's easy to do. I hope this helps others on low income.

Edit: Oops I forgot to post the link, here you go: https://www.mesdroitssociaux.gouv.fr/dd ... simu-foyer
Last edited by Sunflower on Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spardo

Re: Benefits simulator

#2 Post by Spardo »

That's very useful Sunflower, thank you, not that we are in that situation yet (I think) but if I was to kick the bucket, something that my wife really should know. :)

Sunflower

#3 Post by Sunflower »

Spardo wrote: ↑Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:30 pm That's very useful Sunflower, thank you, not that we are in that situation yet (I think) but if I was to kick the bucket, something that my wife really should know. :)
You're welcome if you or anyone does need it you can get free help with the paperwork at you local "assistante socio-Ă©ducativ" your Mayor will know how to get in touch with your nearest one.

Spardo

#4 Post by Spardo »

Yes, they visit the mairie in the neighbouring, larger, village once a fortnight. We were once advised to see them although we didn't know why, but being very dutiful types we went along and then faced the embarrassing silence when they asked us why we had come. :lol:

My wife had had 3 micro AVCs (strokes) over a fairly short period so that might have had something to do with it but we hadn't asked for help so were puzzled to say the least. They later visited the house, still not sure why and nothing ever came of it, but I do appreciate the fact that they are there if needed. :D

Doug

#5 Post by Doug »

Thanks for posting that [mention]Sunflower[/mention]
Weve been wondering for a long if we qualify, not that we need it but one never knows whats round the corner.
Did a simulation and we do. :)

Sunflower

#6 Post by Sunflower »

Doug wrote: ↑Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:03 pm Thanks for posting that @Sunflower
Weve been wondering for a long if we qualify, not that we need it but one never knows whats round the corner.
Did a simulation and we do. :)
Good to know it's helped someone.

Hotrodder

#7 Post by Hotrodder »

I just did a quickie run through on the form. Amazing how much I could get if I knew enough French to fill out the wad of forms that surely must follow an actual claim. Literally double my partial state pension.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Sunflower

#8 Post by Sunflower »

Hotrodder wrote: ↑Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:18 pm I just did a quickie run through on the form. Amazing how much I could get if I knew enough French to fill out the wad of forms that surely must follow an actual claim. Literally double my partial state pension.
Se my post above where I mention seeking help from "assistante socio-Ă©ducativ" they are very helpful and most of what we get is thanks to them.

Obviesly I don't know about your department, but if your French is not great they usually have someone that speaks English or at least some and they will work on your behalf. It's their job and it's free, so ask your Mayor about your nearest contact.

Hotrodder

#9 Post by Hotrodder »

If things get too bad I'll have a go. I tried some years ago and played chase the paper for several months before I realised I was up against institutional racism.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.