What's for Dinner?

:fork_and_knife: :wine_glass: Wining & Dining in France, eating out, where to buy quality food and drinks, cooking & recipes etc
MAD87

What's for Dinner?

#321 Post by MAD87 »

My head is contemplating a standard house risotto for 2 days, but my feet will probably take me across the road to get some salads from the butcher. On verra.

MAD87

What's for Dinner?

#322 Post by MAD87 »

1-day risotto in the end, even if OH doesn't go for vegetarian meals. Telling hime to cook his own meals always works.

Sparkle

What's for Dinner?

#323 Post by Sparkle »

slices of seeded bread spread with marmite, covered in fried onions with a cheese sauce poured over and top browned in the oven.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Spectrum

What's for Dinner?

#324 Post by Spectrum »

Yesterday was homemade beef/onion and pepper burgers on the bbq, with salad, today is chicken breasts stuffed with haggis and wrapped in streaky bacon, on the bbq of course. 8-) with baked potatoes and baked beans.

Lori

What's for Dinner?

#325 Post by Lori »

Yesterday lunch was a 'tabouli' salad only made with shredded cabbage instead of parsley. Dinner was a French style lentil salad with green salad on the side.

Lori

What's for Dinner?

#326 Post by Lori »

Tonight will be julienne fish with chopped artichokes, capers and olives sauteed with lemon and butter and served on a bed of spinach.

Sparkle

What's for Dinner?

#327 Post by Sparkle »

stir fry of chinese cabbage, snow peas, not sure what else to throw in just yet but I do have a couple of avocados that need eating :D
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Lori

What's for Dinner?

#328 Post by Lori »

I love a stir fry with diced pineapple added. Sweet and sour sauce made to mix in at the last minute.

Veem

What's for Dinner?

#329 Post by Veem »

Spectrum wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:34 am Yesterday was homemade beef/onion and pepper burgers on the bbq, with salad, today is chicken breasts stuffed with haggis and wrapped in streaky bacon, on the bbq of course. 8-) with baked potatoes and baked beans.
Ooh, I didn't see this on the day. Were they by any chance from Monty Butcher? We went to a Burns Night supper where the Scottish organisers had bought a load from him and they were absolutely delicious and ......................... HUGE. Eight people on our table and none of us could finish. I took what was left over 'for the dogs' and we lived off it for about 3 days!!!!!!!!!

It's way too hot for proper cooking, so tonight we're having heated up Parmentier de Canard with this year's broad beans given to us by friends.

MAD87

What's for Dinner?

#330 Post by MAD87 »

Home made goujons (nuggets) with first 2 toms picked this morning and avocado drizzled with vinaigre balsamique doux. A sort of empty-the-fridge Sunday lunch as I too hot to be bothered.