Stupid boy

:fork_and_knife: :wine_glass: Wining & Dining in France, eating out, where to buy quality food and drinks, cooking & recipes etc
Spectrum

Stupid boy

#1 Post by Spectrum »

Just sat down for our usual after breakfast coffee, and it was Ugh!! :shock: horrible, milk off I thought, but I doubt it as we shop fresh each week, so checked the bottle, it was Almond milk :crazy: :crazy: . Have shopped at the same shop for fifteen years picked the same milk up each week green for tea, Blue for coffee and red for cereal etc, but on Thursday someone must have left two almond milks on the normal Blue milk shelf, check label next time, what do you do with almond milk? if you don't like almonds?

Char
Site Admin

Stupid boy

#2 Post by Char »

Spectrum wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:48 pm Just sat down for our usual after breakfast coffee, and it was Ugh!! :shock: horrible, milk off I thought, but I doubt it as we shop fresh each week, so checked the bottle, it was Almond milk :crazy: :crazy: . Have shopped at the same shop for fifteen years picked the same milk up each week green for tea, Blue for coffee and red for cereal etc, but on Thursday someone must have left two almond milks on the normal Blue milk shelf, check label next time, what do you do with almond milk? if you don't like almonds?
I love almond milk, but I make my own. Hot cocoa made with it is really nice.
I don't know what you'd do with it if you don't like it though.

Hotrodder

Stupid boy

#3 Post by Hotrodder »

Find a hungry cat?
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Blaze

Stupid boy

#4 Post by Blaze »

My sister drinks almond milk because she can't take cow's or goat's milk. She likes it !!

niemeyjt

Stupid boy

#5 Post by niemeyjt »

My daughter had it during her vegetarian phase. Never tried it - but I do love Almonds - the Coop sells bags of Californian ones - awful for the environment - and bad for teeth!

Hotrodder

Stupid boy

#6 Post by Hotrodder »

Must be good for lactose intolerance though.
When I was a kid I was a fat pig and was put on a special low fat low sugar diet. I absolutely hated skimmed milk but got used to it. When I was allowed back onto whole milk I thought it was awful. This longlife semi skimmed stuff we get in France seems just right to me. Some people seem to hate it.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Liz

Stupid boy

#7 Post by Liz »

I always buy long life semi skimmed, a hangover from when we first moved here and fresh milk was a rare beast, expensive and often 'off' even when in date.
I do it now out of habit and for the convenience of always having milk in stock. How much we use per day varies according to what I am cooking/baking
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

niemeyjt

Stupid boy

#8 Post by niemeyjt »

Long Life / UHT - the treatment taints the cream portion of full milk - so if for drinking (or coffee) I always buy semi-skimmed UHT.

For yoghurts, on the other hand, I buy full UHT as cannot be faffed to do all that heating and cooling of untreated milk.