Arrowroot

:fork_and_knife: :wine_glass: Wining & Dining in France, eating out, where to buy quality food and drinks, cooking & recipes etc
Sparkle

Arrowroot

#1 Post by Sparkle »

Help please. Can someone tell me what I'm looking for in the supermarket - I need some arrowroot or a good alternative for arrowroot. Thanks in advance :D
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Headers

Arrowroot

#2 Post by Headers »

Poudre de Marante.
It’s listed on Amazon.fr but not available.
I tried Googling it and found a couple of suppliers.

DaveW

Arrowroot

#3 Post by DaveW »

That's interesting I pasted a link in this post that doesn't show. If you try to reply to it you might see it - Char?

https://www.amazon.fr/Arrow-Root-Marant ... 506&sr=8-1

Sparkle

Arrowroot

#4 Post by Sparkle »

Thanks to all I'm on the case :D
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Char
Site Admin

Arrowroot

#5 Post by Char »

DaveW wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:49 pm That's interesting I pasted a link in this post that doesn't show. If you try to reply to it you might see it - Char?

https://www.amazon.fr/Arrow-Root-Marant ... 506&sr=8-1
Sorted - for some reason the forum doesn't seem to like amazon links, they need to be put into bbcode , I'll look into it when I get some spare time.

manonthemoon2

Arrowroot

#6 Post by manonthemoon2 »

What is arrowroot used for?

Sparkle

Arrowroot

#7 Post by Sparkle »

@manonthemoon2 For thickening. It's gluten free so OK for the dessert I want to make for a friend who is gluten free. It's also clear unlike using cornflour so good for desserts. I'm making a creme de cassis to pour over cherries, meringues & cream as a sort of Eton Mess :D

manonthemoon2

Arrowroot

#8 Post by manonthemoon2 »

Sparkle wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:58 pm @manonthemoon2 For thickening. It's gluten free so OK for the dessert I want to make for a friend who is gluten free. It's also clear unlike using cornflour so good for desserts. I'm making a creme de cassis to pour over cherries, meringues & cream as a sort of Eton Mess :D
Sounds delicious, can I come? 🤣

Sparkle

Arrowroot

#9 Post by Sparkle »

@manonthemoon2 of course you can :D