Just back from Eric's

:fork_and_knife: :wine_glass: Wining & Dining in France, eating out, where to buy quality food and drinks, cooking & recipes etc
L Austin France

Just back from Eric's

#1 Post by L Austin France »

That's Eric le Sausage (your basement butcher) for them who remember him from previous posts.
I got 3kg porc/onion/ parsley sausages. 1 kg merguez sausages. 1 pork roti. 1 pork jarett . 1 large barquette of pate (more like a meat loaf) 1 large piece of smoked belly porc (free to try out his latest venture). Lots of free ribs plus a few free glasses of Rose wine & lots of gossip with other clients,( 'cos that's what you do at Eric's.)
Total cost 40€. Could have been more but he'd sold out of shoulder chops.

Sparkle

Just back from Eric's

#2 Post by Sparkle »

You must have an enormous deep freeze :D
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Veem

Just back from Eric's

#3 Post by Veem »

Or maybe just a huge appetite and he ate it all last night ............ :lol:

L Austin France

Just back from Eric's

#4 Post by L Austin France »

Sparkle wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:14 am You must have an enormous deep freeze :D
Fridge/freezer in kitchen. Upright & chest freezers in scullery plus fridge freezer used mostly as wine/ beer cooler in summer only.

Sparkle

Just back from Eric's

#5 Post by Sparkle »

@L Austin France Good grief what a lot you've got. We had a Leibher under the counter fridge with a small freezer box at the top that was more than adequate for us. Unfortunately after 16 years it conked out and so we bought online (silly us) just over a year back whilst in the pandemic and not allowed to travel more than 10K another under the counter fridge with freezer box but a make we'd never heard of (California I think it is) from Pulsat. We thought we'd bought a fridge with a freezer box but no we'd bought a fridge with what I guess you'd call a cooler box at the top - absolutely no use whatsoever for storing ice-cream or much else frozen for more than two days, The interior is naff and the light bulb has gone already and OH spent hours trying to get the bulb out to replace it - no such luck so we now have a dark fridge :roll: At some point I will sort another fridge freezer and this daft thing will become a wine/beer/drinks chiller. Still that will teach us to buy online something not seen but we were desperate to replace the fridge immediately.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Spectrum

Just back from Eric's

#6 Post by Spectrum »

Large American "Samsung" in the cave, with two smaller fridges, all in black to match kitchen, small ones used for beer and wine other one used for liquids, in garage large Fridge/Freezer used for beer and wine and BBQ ingredients when sat outside, and a large chest freezer for our meat products etc. I like my beer cold so take from fridge put into freezer for an hour, its just perfect :)