Plancha or bbq

:fork_and_knife: :wine_glass: Wining & Dining in France, eating out, where to buy quality food and drinks, cooking & recipes etc
tagh

Plancha or bbq

#1 Post by tagh »

Not the greatest fan of bbqs I have agreed to try and get a small table top plancha or bbq, gas driven and portable. I wander if anyone has any ideas about these things, uses them or has any tips, svp.
Many thanks in advance.

Lori

Plancha or bbq

#2 Post by Lori »

I have always had good luck with Weber products. They aren't cheap, but I've never had better cooking results. I think they make a plancha/BBQ combo. Not sure if it is portable, but they definitely make a portable gas BBQ. Check their French website. I'm pretty sure it is www.weber.fr

niemeyjt

Plancha or bbq

#3 Post by niemeyjt »

+1 for Weber - not a cheapie - our 40 yo (charcoal) one is still going strong - though needs a new rack as the chrome has all gone and harder to clean.

Spectrum

Plancha or bbq

#4 Post by Spectrum »

As one that BBQs all year even in the snow, I still like the traditional charcoal one, have had a six burner gas, but like the old way, I have a few books on BBQ recipes, on of the better ones is actually the "Weber" one, "Webers complete Barbeque Book" 150 recipes and lots of helpful tips was £16, so get a few books and dont do what the majority do and that is burn the outside, while still raw in the middle :cry: I use a lot of tinfoil, when the outside of the food is nice and brown I wrap in foil and place away from the direct heat, it will continue to cook but will stay moist, if you get a cast iron griddle then it allows you to extend your cooking range, the type with a griddle one side, flat on the other.

niemeyjt

Plancha or bbq

#5 Post by niemeyjt »

The Weber grill platers with a removable centre can have all sorts of things added - like pizza stones and woks as well as solid plates and griddle plates. Many are also available for their gas ranges as OP wants

Blaze

Plancha or bbq

#6 Post by Blaze »

Another Weber fan here though charcoal not gas. We bought their "chimney" starter which is brilliant, and it heats up very quickly.