Another cheesy bargain

:fork_and_knife: :wine_glass: Wining & Dining in France, eating out, where to buy quality food and drinks, cooking & recipes etc
exile

Another cheesy bargain

#31 Post by exile »

In the dim and distant past, one of the joys of being sent to the North West for a residential training course was the morning breakfast with black pudding, which IIRC the chef said he sourced from Bury market.

DominicBest

Another cheesy bargain

#32 Post by DominicBest »

rabbit wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:27 am Andouillette is popular in these parts. I’d try most things once but not this. I believe it is made from the upper colon. Connoisseurs are said to relish the fecal odour. yuk!
I meet up with a group of friends a few times a year who are connoisseurs of andouillette and tripes. One is a chef from Perigeux and another comes from Rodez. I have eaten their offerings and must say I was surprised by how good the food was. I’m seeing them twice in the next six weeks so I’ve no doubt about what will be on the menu yet again. 🙂

Sparkle

Another cheesy bargain

#33 Post by Sparkle »

A restaurant we visit does boudin noir with apple wrapped in filo pastry - it's lovely. My dad used to love black pudding and polony?(came with red skin on it) which my mum used to buy weekly from the deli counter at Woolworths. One day I asked my dad if I could try some - the answer was no and if you knew what it was you wouldn't want it. It was years before I knew what it was :roll:
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Bayleaf

Another cheesy bargain

#34 Post by Bayleaf »

I feel they could have named this better! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

exile

Another cheesy bargain

#35 Post by exile »

But anything coming from the Island of Lesbos is Lesbian - including the original lesbian females.

rabbit

Another cheesy bargain

#36 Post by rabbit »

L Austin France wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:48 pm
rabbit wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:33 am Our fromager sells a creamy vey soft Gorgonzola that comes in a large, wooden drum. He spoons it out into a plastic pot. He calls it Gorgonzola à la cuillère It is delicious and I buy it every week.
That sounds exactly like the cheese shown in my OP photo.
yes it certainly looks the same
56F70615-3CE8-402A-900E-9D50D471EE5C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Polarengineer

Another cheesy bargain

#37 Post by Polarengineer »

His eyes are saying "are you really wanting this?" Or " here's another mug I can pass this crap onto"

L Austin France

Another cheesy bargain

#38 Post by L Austin France »

Polarengineer wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:23 pm His eyes are saying "are you really wanting this?" Or " here's another mug I can pass this crap onto"
I'm sure all of my fellow Gorganzola lovers are facinated to hear that you consider them crap eating mugs.

Polarengineer

Another cheesy bargain

#39 Post by Polarengineer »

Not me sir. His face is suggesting it. I like gonzo as much as the next.

ajm

Another cheesy bargain

#40 Post by ajm »

exile wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:34 am In the dim and distant past, one of the joys of being sent to the North West for a residential training course was the morning breakfast with black pudding, which IIRC the chef said he sourced from Bury market.
Bury market is famous for them.