Bacon?

:fork_and_knife: :wine_glass: Wining & Dining in France, eating out, where to buy quality food and drinks, cooking & recipes etc
hughnique

Bacon?

#21 Post by hughnique »

I think I will give it a miss if Chronopost is involved in any way, I wince when I am told by whoever that Chronopost will be delivering whatever to me as they never do, it's always left at the local SuperU. Bit much if you are paying for home delivery and you have to go and collect it, especially with perishable foodstuff.

hughnique

Bacon?

#22 Post by hughnique »

Antonia wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:15 pm According to their FAQ's they use Chronopost which rules me out as their drivers refuse to deliver to my address. Apparently they ( Chronopost ) will use isothermic boxes if they haven't got a refrigerated van. Yeh right. A couple of Christmas's ago Picard used them to deal with the festive rush. It was an unmitigated disaster. Shame as I really fancy those gammon steaks.
In full agreement with you about Chronopost, they are worse than useless here, and Picard, you could eat your dinner off the floor in our local one, and they do proper peas, not these shotgun pellets favoured by the French

Blaze

Bacon?

#23 Post by Blaze »

Never had a problem with Chronopost - perhaps it depends where you are and who's delivering.
Equally, we never buy perishable goods on line.
Picard is brilliant and I agree about their petit pois - superb. Whilst home grown are by far the best, particularly eaten fresh, we don't bother to grow them to freeze.

Hotrodder

Bacon?

#24 Post by Hotrodder »

Life has become like the Post Code Lottery. Doctors, dentists, public services, banks, delivery companies.
Satisfaction depending where you live.
DPD in our area is worse than a blind man with a hunting rifle. Chronopost and many others are just fine. Apart from food and fuel, most of my personal shopping is done online so I have had plenty of experience.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

hughnique

Bacon?

#25 Post by hughnique »

Blaze wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:04 pm Never had a problem with Chronopost - perhaps it depends where you are and who's delivering.
Equally, we never buy perishable goods on line.
Picard is brilliant and I agree about their petit pois - superb. Whilst home grown are by far the best, particularly eaten fresh, we don't bother to grow them to freeze.
[/quoteI was referring to the petit pois as shotgun pellets, they do garden peas, proper size ones, and yes in agreeance depends on who is delivering the stuff as to the service received, and it doesn't matter if you complain or not, normal French customer service applies.

Hotrodder

Bacon?

#26 Post by Hotrodder »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

hughnique

Bacon?

#27 Post by hughnique »

Packet of that puff pastry, and some of those Knacks, think they are frankfurter hot dog sausages, makes nice sausage rolls, nice drop of tomato sauce, don't last long once they come out of the oven.